Monday, July 16, 2012

Over the Weekend: The National Aviary

Ok, so I'm stretching the truth a little, this post would be more appropriately titled "Over a Thursday", the bird photos are from the inspiration trip I took with work to the National Aviary at the end of last week. Generally, I like to admire birds from a distance, and am not so keen on zoo-like environments, but it turned out to be an interesting trip. I couldn't get enough of the burrowing owl pair, they seemed to have so much personality.

And I couldn't help but add in a couple of photos from the snooze-fest I discovered yesterday afternoon. Usually when I come home the cats are at the door ready to greet us, but yesterday we didn't make the bed, which- apparently- is the best thing ever.

12 comments:

laura fox gill said...

lovely pictures -- perhaps the cats are dreaming of birds too ;) x

Mini said...

Your cats are so adorable! :) My dogs do the same thing!

pleasebemylouisiana.blogspot.com

Girl and Closet said...

Aw, I love seeing our cat & dog having a good snooze fest... they tend to usually lye in similar proximity and there is something so darn cute about it!! Man, I love your cats - cutest little personalities ever!! Hope your week is starting off great! xo v

ATTITUDEINABUNDANCE said...

omg those owls are too cute! Adorable.

Melissa said...

such beautiful birds! it sounds like a fantastic place

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Morgan Erina said...

Your cats are the cutest things, oh man, they make me miss my cats back in NYC. We should get that coffee sometime :)

sweet harvest moon said...

Cuties!

blue roses said...

i used to work at an ornithology lab and large park at my university.... i find birds simultaneously fascinating and frightening. definitely wonderful inspiration, especially their colors and movements.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Gray Skies said...

Oh man, those cat photos are precious! My dog loves it when we don't make the bed - he'll go snuggle up under the covers and on our pillows :)

Laura said...

I remember visiting the aviary! I was actually just looking at my pictures from that visit. I loved all the colors of the different birds...the lories made me a bit jumpy, though, haha :)

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Little Erica said...

Beautiful bird photos!!!

Laura L said...

I love birds, especially owls, so that owl picture is killing me! The one looks so surprised and the other is giving you the "stink eye." Love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!