Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Favorites and Life Lately


Oh Friday, I'm so happy you're here. This week...man. It took a lot out of me. We were completely unprepared for the 4th of July, and it was almost a total bust, saved a bit by meeting up with friends and sneaking onto a bridge to watch Pittsburgh's display of pyrotechnic superiority. Sneaking into a place I shouldn't be and watching fireworks? My jam.

This weekend I'm hoping to get up really early- before the temperature rises above 90- to clean our apartment, and generally re-organize things (especially my closet). I would love to get a thrift trip in there too, craving it in fact, but I'm trying to save my pennies for thrifting in Maine in just a few more weeks (can't wait)! I feel like I need to clear my head and recharge, big time.

Among other things, I'm still slogging through the same book as last week and am tempted to switch to something a little less....science-y. That sounds awful, but it's summer and I'm craving easy reads. I've been listening to a lot of Neil Young and Grateful Dead while I work, trying to convince the cats that they'd be much more comfortable in our air conditioned bedroom than in the sweltering living-room, and trying to sort out an issue with our car (the main source of my...ire).

Here's a few things I'm currently coveting:

I'm so excited to welcome Bali ELF as a sponsor this month! Bali ELF crafts incredible leather bags and ballet flats made to order from your choice of bright or neutral leather and hand-dyed batik lining (you can read more about them here). I'm in love with the Dune bag in sea green. Bali ELF is kindly offering Orchid Grey readers 15% off their orders with the code ORCHID!
This chevron patterned dress looks so flattering and comfortable. Perfect for 90 degree days. Ruche also just launched their first baby collection, which is pretty freaking adorable.
Element Eden Dominique Ivory Sweater Dress  - Click Image to Close
I'm always on the lookout for loose-knit sweaters, and this dress from Lulu's is perfection. If I can visualize myself wearing it after a swim or on a ferry, I'm sold!
Another cozy one! This striped dress from Spotted Moth is so classic and would be perfect as-is, or layered up with a skirt.
Tesla - Double Triangle Necklace in Gold Color Metal
Another new sponsor that I'm super excited to welcome, InfinEight Jewelry is based our of Ottawa, Canada and handmade by the shop's owner. Her shop is choc full of geometrically-inspired jewelry and hand-cast silver charms.
two tone denim wrangler shorts
These two tone Wrangler shorts from Bluesville, USA are calling my name! Completely irresistible shown with cute flats and an Animals record! Get 15% off your order with the code orchidgrey at check out!

// I totally fell prey to July 4th sales! This dress from Nasty Gal is now on it's way to me, I can't wait to wear it to the beach and everywhere else. And I must be on a white dress kick, because this dress is headed my way as well.

// This dress is insane and totally awesome (and looks way more expensive than $57). Also, cat dress. Cat dress. Cat watch.

// Speaking of cats. Have you seen Seven Kittens yet? They're in Pittsburgh and I think a few still need homes!

// A drunk man singing Kiss From a Rose to his cat. Watch it. Die laughing.

// I want to eat this. and this. and this.

//In case you missed it, as a finale to our month of music series, Lulu's posted some "get the look" sets to their blog!

Have a happy weekend!