Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Favorites...

Happy Friday! How was your week? Did it fly by or lag a little? As much as each day dragged a bit for me, all of a sudden it's the weekend. This week was a busy one, the height of which was the scavenger hunt held by my work yesterday. The 95 degree heat was brutal, but I had so much fun running all over Pittsburgh with my coworkers making a fool out of myself (break-dancing in public, pretending to play Atari, re-enacting the covers of Weird Science and Sixteen Candles...are you sensing a theme yet?). Needless to say, I'm exhausted and looking forward to relaxing.

This morning I woke up to the most amazing thing: cloudy, 70 degree weather! It was such a nice change of pace and the perfect day to have chosen for working from home. Zeb and Zephyr liked it too, they spent most the day in various states of relaxation with one another. It's actually cool enough to use our stove, which means a much needed break from cold salads for dinner.

Here's what I've been up to:

Reading:
Ok, so I finished The Marriage Plot. And my overall feeling is: Meh. I'm not sure what would have been more predictable for the ending: the actual ending, or what you kind of expected would happen (I'm trying not to give anything away for those of you who want to read it). For the most part it kept my attention, but I certainly wasn't hooked. I think I may find something lighter next, just for a break.

Listening to:
Lots of Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, The Pretenders, and basically the usual suspects. However, this week I was introduced to JD McPherson, and my rockabilly roots started showing! Love.

Eating:
Salad, salad, salad. Ugh.

Anticipating:
Not to be a dweeb or nothin' but I can't wait to go to the gym tomorrow. This was a busy week and I didn't make it for a workout once, my brain needs some air and my muscles need moving. Also, I signed up for Color Me Rad today! I can't wait until August!

Watching:
Would you judge me if I told you we're still watching SVU? Also, Shit 1940's Girls Say kind of kills me, part 1, part 2. "Girls, do you ever just want something 'cause it's rationed?" hah. Thanks to Ms. Dear Golden for that one.

Coveting:
 This striped belted dress from Ruche is so beautiful! My wishlist just got a little longer.

 I'm loving the bright tangerine color of this studded bag from Spotted Moth.
Suitcase Staple High-Low Black Dress  - Click Image to Close
I love the simple silhouette and high-low hem of this dress from Lulu's. The styling just makes me want it more!
laguna art deco dress
Bluesville, USA is updated! Amber is rolling out a whole new merchandising look, and her shop looks amazing! Let's talk about this dress, sweet lord it's amazing! Receive 15% off your order with the code orchidgrey.

A few more... 
-Asos is having a huge summer shoe sale! I'm loving these low-profile sandals, these color block wedges, and these floral wedges. These are also really similar to the low-pro sandals that are glued to my feet.
-If you're looking for a chambray skirt similar to my midi-length Madewell skirt, this just came back in stock
-Also, I don't think I'll ever not love Vans. These leopard print Authentics and these Hawaiian print ones are now on my list.
-Because I've been on a shoe kick this week: the Keds Pointer. The perfect sneaker to wear with a sundress.
-Love these pretty hair arrows.
-A minimalist canvas tote.
-Perfect earrings.


Have a happy weekend!

13 comments:

Beverly Houpt said...

Haha, those videos are funny. "I just wanted to slap you again."

Laura said...

My week was the same way - each day dragged, but I still can't believe it's the weekend already! Funny how that works sometimes.

That striped Ruche dress is so gorgeous. I've been eyeing it for a few days now...

I hope you have a great weekend!

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Alexis said...

My week went by so fast! It always seems to, I'm not sure why. I've been wondering about "The Marriage Plot" and have seemed to hear nothing but "meh" so I think I'll stay away. Your kitties look so pleased :)

Natasha Fatah said...

Oh those meows meows are so adorable!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

elizabeth said...

I wouldn't judge you for SVU because that's all I've been watching for weeks. I have an episode loading as I type this. Season 12, episode 22.

♥ Cassandra (Backtofive) said...

Love the purse! The color is amazing!

backtofive.blogspot.com

HoodooVoodoo said...

Love the Vans and the hair arrows!

xo,
meg

hello DODO said...

I did really enjoy The Marriage Plot but not nearly as much as Middlesex, which is one of my fave books ever ever ever.

This week is DRAGGING for me! But that's probably because the boyf has been working away loads and it's only a week now until we go on holiday :o)

Got 2 pairs of ASOS sale shoes winging their way to me! :D

BAM said...

this dress is awesome! It's a cool alternative to the typical maxi and i Love the buttons on the sides!

xo
Blaire

ChicRedneck.blogspot.com

walking dot photography said...

I feel like weeks have just been zooming by ever since late spring. WHERE'S MY SUMMER GOING? lol Also, I still totally watch SVU, so no judging! :)
xox
giedre

blue roses said...

love the black and white dress with the asymmetrical hem; totally agreed, the styling is divine. alas, saving money for some day trips and a vacation to south africa! i NEED to stop buying clothing.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Sandy a la Mode said...

love that lulu's dress!

Rockster1039 said...

When you're back to reading heavier stuff, I highly recommend (if you haven't already read it) The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!