Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Favorites...

 
I came across the quote above on The Rockstar Diaries this week, and it really stuck with me. I had a couple of crabby, snappy moments earlier this week, and this was a nice reminder to be thankful that I have people around me (Chris) who want my attention (interrupting me while I'm on the phone) and to maybe not be so snappy (I have a tendency toward impatience).

How was your week? I've been working from home since yesterday, so have had a very quiet couple of days full of product writing and cat-distractions. I'm looking forward to a barbeque date tonight, which I plan on weaseling ice cream into somehow (I've married a man who is ambivalent about ice cream, how did this happen?). Tomorrow, thrifting! I've been so antsy at home these past couple of days, I can't wait to get out of the house! I also have plans to ambush Mandy to see her new kitten, Nimbus.

Here are the products and links that I'm loving this week:

 Kool Raid Coral Red Bustier Dress
This dress from Lulu's is so pretty. I can all too easily picture it styled with a leopard-print belt and gold jewelry. Temptation!

Tuscan Sun 1
 Love this look from the Ruche summer lookbook, that polka-dot dress is too cute!
 http://spottedmoth.com/images/pamplomabangle_rosegold.jpg
 This rosegold bracelet from Spotted Moth is so simple and chic, it would look awesome on it's own or stacked with others.
candy cane pullover
We've had a few cool nights lately and there's nothing better than shorts with a sweater (in my opinion). This sweater from Bluesville, USA would be cute with cut-offs.

Get 15% off your order, enter code "orchidgrey" at checkout!



A few more:
So obsessed with this Pretenders muscle tee, perfect with cut-offs or jeans. I'm all kinds of obsessed with this crop-top bathing suit, someday I'll save up for a Mara Hoffman suit! And these sunset-patterned espadrilles are looking like a likely replacement for my beat-up Toms.

Need some cute in your life? Here's the Kitten Cam

And Ghetto Hikes has been making me laugh all week.

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Erica said...

That quote needs to be my motto. It is so easy to focus on yourself and your needs, but realizing that other people need you to is something to be thankful for.

chantilly said...

i really like that quote... i've been feeling especially busy and burdened lately with certain things. but then again, i remember those times when i just wish people were bothering me.

gah, that ruche lookbook is so pretty. i love that polka dot dress too! x

Alex said...

thank you for introducing Ghetto Hikes into my life. this is amazing.

Mardle Made said...

That quote is so spot on and just the reminder I need to always think beyond the boundaries of my being.

I LOVE sweaters with cut-offs, just a shae it's too chilly here in England to wear shorts at the moment.

Ghetto Hikes is GENIUS! Thanks for bringing this into my life.

Happy Weekend. xxx

www.mardlemade.com

Lilli said...

Such a great quote it hits the nail on the head. Thanks for sharing!! Oh, and I'm absolutely in love with the Rouche lookbook, soo amazing!


AmoreAlways.blogspot.com

♥ Cassandra (Backtofive) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
♥ Cassandra (Backtofive) said...

Want the bracelet and the sweater tooooo! :D

backtofive.blogspot.com

BAM said...

Love that rose gold bracelet.. I want it!

xo
ChicRedneck.blogspot.com

Ingenious Jewellery said...

lovely bracelet really beautiful.
Fashion jewellery UK

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!