Friday, May 4, 2012

Lately


Oh so casual iPhone photo in the interest of not repeating Instagram pics.

It's Friday, the end of what has turned out to be an incredibly beautiful and very warm week, and I am not complaining! Good mood, vitamin D Julie has come out, I've got my fake tan and shorts on, life is sunny. What are your weekend plans? Anything fun? I'll be working a little (not even bummed about that), and otherwise plan on making up for not going to the gym more than once this week, catching up on my reading, and relaxing. 

What else is going on? Here you go:

Craving: A six pack (of beers....not abs), and a hammock. And bubble tea (done as of 6:00 pm). And frozen yogurt. Basically all I want to do is roll in the sun around with food.

Wearing: Target has been killing it in the shorts department lately, impulsively I bought a hot pink pair and a patterned pair and I do not regret it. Seriously in love, and so much more affordable (at $17 each) than most of what's out there.

Listening to: There are very few albums that I can listen to- and enjoy- full length, this is where Pandora comes in. Lately I've been switching between The Sonics, Yelle, Fleetwood Mac, Drake, Ella Fitzgerald, and the Pretenders. Also, if you can't tell from that list, I have a hard time sticking to one genre as well.

Lusting after: Everything in this shop please. This dip-dye tank and this claw bracelet. A 70's floral print dress (seriously, I want to live in that print). A sweet studded top and this pretty green dress. Can't get enough of those high-low hems (10% off w/ grey10). A pretty drop-waist dress (15% off w/ orchidgrey). Funny throw pillows.

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Natasha Fatah said...

Have a great weekend to you too hon. :)

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~

HoodooVoodoo said...

Oh my gosh, that claw bracelet.

Veronica said...

I really like this format of weekly round-ups.


It fits you well, I think. And the languid vibes of summer.

Totally not expecting you to reproduce this style each week, but it feels right and I can appreciate that.

internet high five

Jennifer said...

I guess I need to check out Target's shorts section!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Ally,The Vintage Valley said...

Gotta love Ella Fitzgerald XX its bucketing down with rain in Perth WA, not much to do but listen to records and wear woolly socks xx

sweet harvest moon said...

Have a great weekend!

chillairandperfume said...

Ooh, I might have to check out Target's short selection. I need some, but I'm on such a budget right now. Hope you have a great weekend!

xo,
Hannah
www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

The Littlest Smitten said...

We sell that floral dress at the boutique I work at. Love it, Tulle makes great things. I tried it on but sadly it was a little bit up top. The claw bracelet is amazing! Hope your weekend has been great so far. I had ladies night Friday which eventually turned into the ladies and the gents. Working this weekend so I took it easy last night and went to a friend's Cinco De Mayo party and was home in bed by 11:30. The moon was amazing last night! Heading to work soon for 5 hours but looking forward to Mad Men tonight! Have a great weekend!

wildchild said...

i agree with Veronica- i'm a fan of this type of round up :)

also, i can totally relate to being a different person when vitamin D is in my system. Summer Jackie is so much happier than Every Other Season Jackie. soak up that sun :)

Caitie said...

hope you had a great weekend!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!