Saturday, May 19, 2012

Currently


I can't get over this picture of Zeb and Zephyr from Friday morning. They're always so peppy first thing in the morning, and yesterday was no exception. I love that they actually play with each other, it's so sweet.

Man, I am so happy it's the weekend! This week was super busy in all the best ways, but I'm exhausted and ready to sit in the sun, it's supposed to be in the 80's today and tomorrow! I'm planning to do a little thrift shopping, maybe go for a run, and renew my library books. Thrilling, isn't it? But that's how some of the best weekend are, zero expectations.

Currently, I am:
Dreaming of our trip home this summer. Seriously, it's all I can think about. I've grown to enjoy Pittsburgh, sure, but to Chris and I, nothing beats summer spent on the Maine shore and in the New Hampshire woods. I can't wait to dive head first into the freezing Atlantic Ocean, lounge on sunbaked river boulders, and sit around a bonfire in my mom's yard. Plus, I get to see one of my oldest friends get married! I'm extremely excited.

What's on my wishlist:
This Obey Skull Tee and the most perfect arrow bracelet from Lulu's, perfect with cut-offs and vans. 
This floral dress and these wrapped sandals from Ruche would be the perfect thing to wear to a summer wedding.
I love this patterned scarf and this beaded bracelet from Spotted Moth.
This red vintage sailor dress from Bluesville, USA is just lovely. Get 15% off your order with the code "orchidgrey"!
This amazing triangle necklace from Le Lapin D'Or is right up my alley. Get 10% off your order with the code "grey10"!

What I'm listening to:
A lot of the same. Actually I really need recommendations, what are you into these days?

I'm keeping this short and sweet today, because it's incredibly beautiful out! Have a wonderful weekend!

25 comments:

Amanda said...

That photo is pretty darn wonderful! I am counting down the days until we get the house done enough and I can finally get myself a feline friend (I've seriously been wanting one since I old enough to ask Santa for one, haha)

As for music I've been getting back into Rilo Kiley. Jenny Lewis seriously has the most enchanting voice.

Hope you have a great weekend!

laura-littleroominthenorth said...

Your summer plans sound fantastic, no wonder you're daydreaming about it! Enjoy a lovely weekend Julie!
xxx

Natasha Fatah said...

The cuteness is too much!!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Peaches said...

I love listening to Call My Name by Cheryl Cole. Please come visit my blog xxx Peaches

Julia A said...

What a cute picture! I love all those items on your wishlist too. For new music, I'd suggest Santigold (who has a new album!), Metric (who will have a new album soon!) and Miike Snow (also a new album!) for something more upbeat, and Metronomy and Gotye for the rest. :)

2-or-3-things.blogspot.com

alaina m. said...

You really do have some beautiful cats. I stopped by my local thrift store yesterday w/ $8 and did super well, and only spent $6, haha. Have a great weekend.

Elizabeth, Delightfully Tacky said...

Ah, your trip home sounds like a dream!

jamie cassell said...

That is seriously the best cat picture ever. It makes me really want to get another cat for (my cat) Oliver to play with.
I've been listening to the new Beach House album a lot lately. It's pretty amazing if you haven't already heard it.
ps, this is "jamiecassell" from instagram!

Daphne Elisabeth Powers said...

I'm a Pandora addict too, and lately I've really been loving my "The Bird and the Bee" station.

Leigh said...

Music on rotation - The Alabama Shakes. The Head and the Heart. Of Monsters and Men. The Givers.

-leigh

Veronica said...

seriously, music slump. i think i'm pretty bored w/ what's out there. i was exploring the 60's/70's again (os mutantes, cat stevens, bob dylan, dusty springfield) but i want more because i'm insatiable.


lotus plaza? new best coast? blood orange?

idk....................

herecomesthesun said...

Pretty sure I like every single one of your cat pictures when they come up on my instagram feed! I just can't help myself, your babies are the cutest. It also makes me jealous cause we had two cats who were best buds and did all the cute things your ones do and then one got hit by a car and died and we have a very lonely cat now :( Enjoy their little friendship cause it's so special!

wildchild said...

i'm definitely going to check out the music recs from these people cause i need new stuff too. summer just calls for new music.

it's so beautiful out lately! i'm loving that summer is finally here :)

Jessica Broyles said...

I love the pictures of your cats! It makes me feel affirmed in posting a gazillion pictures of my dogs! ;)

www.highheelstosneakers.com

Bostonista said...

I've been pretty much listening to Lana Del Rey's album, Born to Die, on repeat for a month. I can't explain how it got under my skin but now that its there I'm obsessed.

xo

David said...

Our band toured with our friends Allo Darlin' two summers ago. They are amazing. Love this song in particular,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57eii7Bdf3g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

FRUIT SKELETONS said...

justin townes earle & tristen. just saw them friday! he is the most fantastic songwriter ever.

blue roses said...

bonnie prince billy, lambchop, cass mccombs, dizzy gillespie's "the new continent," anything chet baker, gonzales solo piano....

also, cover album "total lee," various artists covering lee hazlewood tunes........ one of my all time favorites!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Leggett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenvegas said...

Check out The Pains of Being Pure At Heart, Best Coast and Junica :)

Nikki said...

Check out The Patti Fiasco on iTunes!

David said...

We toured a couple summer's ago in the UK with our friend's Allo Darlin'. They are super talented and make great music. They're currently touring stateside. Watch their music video My Hear Is As Srong As A Drummer. It's amazing. http://allodarlin.com/about.html

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Littlest Smitten said...

Oops the comment from David actually from me. Didn't realize my husband was logged in to the iPad. Holly

Meredith said...

Another vote for the new Beach House!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!