Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What I'm Loving

 

When we made our Austin plans, all I could dream of was warm weather. Shedding the layers of a miserable winter and letting the sun shine on my skin, getting some much needed vitamin D. Boy was I completely wrong. We left sunny, 60 degree Pittsburgh, for rainy, 45 degree Austin! We did get a day and a half of good weather though, which was enough to awaken the spring/summer shopping bug in me, below are a few things on my list, and a few things I'm loving...

I love the pairing of a crop top with a high-waisted, full skirt for summer. This patterned piece would look perfect with a chambray skirt and big earrings.

Speaking of earrings, I've recently rediscovered what an amazing accessory they are, especially for summer when you may not want to feel encumbered by a necklace. I love this fringed pair.

While I love my platform heels, I hate feeling like I can't move around easily- especially when it's warm out. This flat-form style would be a happy medium.

I'm in desperate need of some new sneakers this year, I wore holes in every pair when I worked at the cafe! I'm planning on adding these, these, and these to my closet this summer. (I wear my Toms like slippers around the house).

I was able to try the Bonnie & Clyde by BonLook on while in Texas, and they're now on my list. Glasses can be so pricy, BonLook is a great option starting at $99 a pair with lenses.

 I'm in serious need of a case for my phone, it's been floating around my bag, unprotected for months. This case is handmade, super unique, and only $10!

If you looked in my closet right now, you would find an embarrassingly large collection of 80's silk shirts, I can't get enough! This teal top would be a perfect addition to that collection, I love a good, vibrant hue.

If you're looking for the perfect summer sandal, I can not recommend enough Salt Water's. I bought a pair last week, and they're amazing. Seriously. Plus, they're made in the US!

I've been adding a lot of prints to my summer wardrobe lately. I love the mix of blue, brick, and yellow of this dress, plus it's on sale!

Have you joined FAB yet? It's a flash sale site that features tons of modern home decor, and-most notably for me at least- lots of unique jewelry.

What's on your list for the warm weather?

8 comments:

Rae Veda said...

Oh gosh! I really can't be doing any more shopping. I'm craving bare legs though. And I can't wait to get my bike for my birthday. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

MsVeve said...

I too shouldn't be shopping since am reaching my bank account's breaking point, but I couldn't stop myself from ordering a claddagh ring in silver from an irish online jeweler. I love the symbolism and story behind this ring. And I'll be honest and admit I was a huge Buffy fan when young and she had one from Angel. Anyways, I adore those outfit snaps at the beginning of the post. Your style is so inspirering.

Xox, Miss V (msveve.blogspot.com)

blue roses said...

call me boring, or traditional, but i always look forward to plain crisp white dresses and white tee shirts with lots of bakelite.

the florals, some of them, get me excited too.... i tend to prefer mod-inspired large flowers, rather than the victorian tight patterns currently trending.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

Mmmm sandals. Hooray for warmer weather.
Love those bracelets you've got goin on in the top left picture.
PS--An email in response is on its way (hopefully tonight!)

Lottie said...

I really want a pair of those saltwaters--I just need to find somewhere in the uk that has them so I can go and try them on.

Orchid Grey said...

Lottie: They run about a size big, but I highly recommend them!

rebelrousher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sweet harvest moon said...

Can't wait to wear sandals again!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!