Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hello Sunday

 
I have to say, I was very happy to see last week come to an end. I was out sick for two days and am still not feeling up to snuff. I'm not sure what this sickness is, but it sucks. I'm happy to be feeling better, but due to exhaustion or congestion or both, I'm suffering from a pretty terrible case of writer's block. And my skin always seems to go berserk when I'm not feeling well. I'm complaining I know. BUT I go to Texas this week, and I can't wait! Here are some other things that make me happy right now:

- Listening to Stuart MacLean's Vinyl Cafe on my computer. I love Maine Public Radio, and this program especially. His mentions of Cape Breton make me think of home (we used to make frequent trips to Canada in the summer).

- We're going to Texas this week! I can't wait!

- I've been wearing my Bonlook Drink the Koolaid's non-stop. Faux glasses are great for making you feel more put together when you're just not.

- I have such a hair-crush on Promise, I love this how-to she did with the Girl's With Glasses. I'm getting my hair done on Thursday in Houston!

- I've been obsessed with coral hues lately, I love this maxi skirt. Coral is my favorite color for spring!

- I really want to do this Food Lover's Cleanse from Bon Appetite.

- All the bright colors on Lulu's homepage have me wishing for warm weather! Sadly, It's snowing outside.

- The ModCloth writers were on XOJane! Sadly, I missed the photo opp, I was too busy honking into Kleenex at home.

-I'm obsessed with OLO Fragrances. Dark Wave is in my shopping cart, mmm, like grown up patchouli. If you haven't guessed already, I have some hippie leanings, I grew up in Maine after all.

- Speaking of brights for spring, this clutch is perfect.

-I love yellow and grey together, this vintage skirt combines the two beautifully.

- This tank is so pretty, I think I might need to add it to my summer closet!

Happy Sunday!

15 comments:

Vivi K said...

Oh my, your cats are so cute!
Feel better!

Natalya said...

You're so pretty, sick or not.I love your glasses! Have fun in Texas.
-Natalya
www.stylishandsnappy.blogspot.com

Alison said...

Feel better! Have fun in Texas too... It really is the best place on earth <3

Anonymous said...

That dress is gorgeous! Great glasses, too.

Catherine, XO.

lady liquor vintage. said...

That dress is gorgeous! Great glasses, too.

Catherine, XO.

Gray Skies said...

That cleanse from Bon Appetit sounds pretty awesome, actually! I've been interested in doing a cleanse, but I know my body couldn't handle a really strict one, and this one seems like it provides you with enough fiber and protein to actually keep you full.

nicola lynde. said...

Ahhh the Vinyl cafe is my absolute favorite. To me he is the definition of Canadian and I love his stories. So glad it's not just us crazy canucks that love him. Love your glasses. Speedy recovery from both the sickness and writers block.

Rae Veda said...

I love your photographs. That looks like a great weekend. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

Rae Veda said...

I love your photographs. That looks like a great weekend. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

ATTITUDEINABUNDANCE said...

Gorgeous photo.
Love the personal touches to your blog.

LNR said...

Have a great time in Austin! I'll be there, too, but not for the conference. Just for spring break in my hometown. Eat some tacos!

Confused Twenty-Something said...

Ah, you're going to be in Houston! I love your blog, I believe this is my first time commenting, but I really do adore your blog. I was touched by you talking about your sister yesterday because I also have a disability, though it's not very apparent at first. If you'll be in Houston for a while, I may have to stalk you...in a non-creepy way of course. Have fun in the great state of Texas!!

Katie said...

Yay! I'm from Cape Breton!

These weekly link posts are my favourite - I love seeing what others have been enjoying throughout the week. Hope you feel better!

Karissa said...

Love the simple flowers and the muffins look delicious!

http://theautumnissue.com

Rocks Paper Metal said...

Cute collection of photos. Looks like Sunday Funday :)

www.RocksPaperMetal.com
www.RocksPaperMetal.etsy.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!