Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Friday!

Zephyr's tootsies

How was your week? This week it looks like the weather finally rounded the bend to winter, I loved the extended Autumn we had, but I'm ready for frosty mornings and hot chocolate. I feel as though we're starting to settle into life here, we still miss the coast (and our friends and family) like crazy, but things are starting to feel more routine and normal. I'm starting to get excited about the holidays as well, I wasn't at first- the holidays for us are always a little crazy- but I think we'll actually be able to get a tree this year!

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? Chris has sunday off so we've planned to grab breakfast and take a trip to Ohiopyle with friends for some hiking. I'm really excited to venture outside of the city!

Have you started your Holiday shopping yet? We're keeping things small this year, but below are a few items I have my eye on:

I love the print on these flats from Blowfish, wouldn't they be perfect with dark denim and a cozy sweater?
Blowfish is offering Orchid Grey Readers 15% off with the code BFORCHID15!

I'm so excited to welcome Dalaga as a sponsor of Orchid Grey, I've had my eye on this scent for awhile (you'll see why)

I would love to laze around the house in this cozy cape, I love the neutral pattern!

Ruche's lookbooks are always so spot-on, I love the holiday theme and chalkboard effect of the Sparkling Soiree book!

I'm in love with this beautiful necklace, I think it looks perfect with the black blazer in the photo! Noble Town Vintage is offering free shipping on all orders!!!

Wouldn't this be the perfect dress for New Year's Eve? Bluesville, USA is offering 15% off your order with the code orchidgrey!

This dress would be perfect for a weekend road trip!

I love all the holiday cards at Pressbound, even better? They're based in Beverly, MA where we used to live!

I'm completely obsessed with all the recipes on Food Coma, all I want to do is cook this weekend!


8 comments:

the other emily said...

Ah, I love Ohiopyle! It's so pretty, and the rocks by the falls are such a gorgeous place to hang out, wade and picnic in warm weather. I'm sure it will be pretty amazing later in winter once things have iced over a bit, I'm jealous you live so close.

You should also be sure to check out Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob when you get the chance, Fallingwater is particularly breathtaking.

(Is it too obvious I have a soft spot for Pittsburgh?)

Birta said...

Yay, kitty feet!

Katie said...

holiday parties for me this weekend!

glad to hear your settling into your new home!

Jo said...

The Blowfish flats are truly amazing! Want want want! <3

x
Lost in the Haze

blue roses said...

you should definitely get a tree! when i first moved to my new apartment, having a tree for christmas made it seem like a real home. and i bet there are a bunch of awesome cut-your-own tree farms in your neck of the woods.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

He's adorable.

Wedding Themes said...

You have shared nice links :)

b.a. said...

haha, i read "perfect for a road trip" but apparently clicked on the "perfect for new year's" link and was a little confused for a minute! :) both are great! (for their intended purposes, that is.)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!