Monday, November 21, 2011

Over the Weekend






Top to bottom:
Early morning Bob Dylan/ Rediscovered our record collection this weekend highlights: Bob Dylan, Patty Smith, Lou Reed/ The Z's spent their weekend following sunbeams as usual/ A thrifted Brownie to add to our collection

Good morning! How was your weekend? All too short? Yeah, mine too. Although very relaxing. Turns out, being afraid to drive your car is a great excuse to hole up at home and clean the heck out of your apartment. Which is what I did. Since our move, I haven't had much time to decorate or move stuff around, so taking advantage of some alone time which Chris was at work, I listened to records and cleaned. That's not all I did though, no. I also took a short field trip out of town to do a little thrifting. I found that mint condition Brownie Hawkeye for a mere $9.99 and an amazing dress for a short $1.50, it was like being back home in Maine where the thrift is cheap! The dress you'll see tomorrow, as I'm wearing it to work today, all I can say is I'm in love. The cats spent their weekend following me around and demanding entry to the basement, where they are not allowed.

Thank you to everyone who cast their vote and gave their opinion on Disqus. It's definitely something I'm considering trying out for Orchid Grey, I would love to be able to engage a bit more and Disqus seems like the best option. A little more work, but hopefully worth the effort for the benefit of discussion.

How was your weekend?

16 comments:

Arielle said...

I have 2 tabby cats too! Is that a JFK head? Too cool.

-Arielle
www.humblepievintage.com

Orchid Grey said...

good eyes! It is JFK. And tabby cats are the best kind of cats, I think.

SomethingDutch said...

I have a little Kodak Brownie Bullseye and they take 620 film...but in reality, you can use your Hawkeye by just using 120 film and slightly modifying the spool! So it can be a pretty little thing but also super fun to experiment with. Have fun!

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

It was a hard move to Disqus for me, but since you can now import all of the old comments I think it's much better than my first try with it. Lovely weekend pics, mine was tooo short as always.


Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Chandler C said...

your weekend sounds lovely all the same! I ended up thrifting a camera as well :)

Joy said...

mine was short and relaxing too. mildly productive but that was ok. i switched to disqus a little over two weeks ago and while it's not 100%, it's just so much nicer having threaded comments!

Kitsune-kun said...

oh my WORD, I can't believe you thrifted that camera all in its box with everything! how amazing! that's like my dream find. so jealous.

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Records, cats and old cameras? Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!

modern Suburbanites said...

awesome photos!! looks like a great weekend.
www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

Your JFK bookend/bust is amaaaazing!!! I did a lot of hermiting this weekend, too, trying to get my health back to par. Love your photos <3

Sabrina said...

Bob ♥

Carmen said...

Amazing blog, you have great style:
I'm a new follower :)

http://carmendaponte.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It's PATTI Smith...not patty

Rosie said...

Record listening is always on the top of my list for weekend happenings. The new Feist is amazing on vinyl!

Mallory said...

That's a good lookin Hawkeye! We've had an old one floating around my family for most of my life and I took it to school the other day to discover a roll of 120 that hadn't been touched in years! I can't wait to get it developed....I'm hoping they can still process it!

(Hard G) Gillian said...

Would you recommend that record player? I want to ask for one for my birthday next week, and I really like the look of that one but have gotten mixed reviews. Any advice would be great! Happy Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!