Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Over the Weekend: North


Sorry for the Instagram overload, I know I mentioned that my camera was broken recently, but at the end of last week, I managed to make things worse and am now only able to take photos if another person helps me by holding the lens on. Yeah, stinks. Anyways, I thought I would share some pics from our weekend adventures. Chris and I travelled up north on Friday afternoon to see family and relax. That afternoon, my mom said goodbye to the last of her golden pups, Penny went to her home in Vermont, isn't she cute? We spent the evening at the Fryeburg Fair, eating lots and lots of food and looking at the animals. We got to watch my brother in action too- slinging pizza for a local vendor.

On Saturday, Chris and I both got our hair done: he at the barbershop and I at the salon. It has been since April 2010 since I last had my color done and I was SO happy to say goodbye to my "ombre" hair (really just code for "I can't afford to get my hair done"), even if it did take four hours! I have a lot of hair I guess.

On Sunday we had brunch with my dad, and "dinner" (at 2 o'clock in the afternoon) with Chris's grandparents. Needing to walk off some of that italian cooking, we took a quick hike to the Tamworth Fire Tower, which looks out on to part of the White Mountains. After a quick stop to see our friend Jamie (and do some impulse shopping) at the Tamworth Lyceum, we headed back to my mom's.

Fall in Maine and New Hampshire is my most favorite time of year, and it's the time of year I miss home the most. Nothing beats a crisp, sunny day spent walking along a dirt road, or hiking to the top of a mountain. We're headed back north again this weekend and I can't wait!

Are we Instagram friends yet? My username is OrchidGrey! How about Twitter? Facebook? I haven't forgotten to tell you all about my big news, a post to follow later this week!

12 comments:

cakesandshakes said...

Need. To see. Hair!!!! Seriously, beg borrow or steal a camera, lady, interested parties need pics!! : )

Cakes
http://www.cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

Julie Khuu said...

Love seeing tidbits of a fast paced life via Instagram...so personal and fun! Sorry about your camera, but this totally makes up for it! Love that shot of your dog...soooo cute!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Rhiannon said...

great photos! it looks like you had a fantastic weekend!
www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

This sounds like such a wonderful weekend :) Your hair looks lovely xo

Isi, Wake up & smell the azahar said...

Great pics, it seems fun times ;)

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I also demand hair pics! I bet it looks amazing.

witch hare said...

I like the Instagram pictures, they have a lovely vintage quality.
It's sounds like you've been having a busy, fun time!

witchhare.blogspot.com/

MrJeffery said...

lovely photos. looks fun!

Joline said...

Oh my goodness I used to live in Tamworth! How fun that you went up there!! I lived there when I was younger, my parents had a bed and breakfast. I live in Boston now and have been thinking about taking a trip up there! Looks like you had lots of fun!

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

Loving your iphone photos, the puppy is heart melting adorable!! And how fab that you got your hair done. I SO need to the same. Can't wait to see more of your gorgeous locks in an upcoming outfit post. Best of luck on getting your camera fixed too. :) veronika

Irene Wibowo said...

nice photo's.. :)

http://lovesimplegreen.blogspot.com/

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Love your Instagram pictures :)
The last one is very beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!