Monday, August 15, 2011

touring chestnut hill with tick tock vintage.

hello there, orchid grey readers! veronika from tick tock vintage here, filling in for julie while she's off getting married (who-hoo!). julie asked us to write a post with the theme of "summer love", which actually couldn't be more perfect for me since a) i love summer and b) i love love. my husband bryan and i live in philadelphia and we like to explore different parts of the city together. chestnut hill is one of our new favorite spots to walk around with an ice cream cone and our camera, enjoying the beautiful old homes and manicured gardens. i'd love to share some pictures of our trip to chestnut hill yesterday!
the landscaping and plants the line the chestnut hill homes and shops is really astounding. you can tell people take great pride in their gardens, however tiny.
cake is a great place to grab a dessert and coffee, or to sit down for a meal. the building is truly one of a kind and i just love the huge windows.
the shops in chestnut hill are pretty varied; there is weaver's way (a food co-op), art and antique stores, and upscale boutiques.
bryan and i always talk about how nice it would be to have a porch to sit back with a lemonade and people watch.
i just love all of the iron fences and street lamps.
here's my main squeeze!

i hope you've enjoyed this tour of chestnut hill! philadelphia has some beautiful neighborhoods; i write about them frequently on tick tock vintage because i think philly is such a hidden gem amongst the east cost cities. a big congrats to julie and chris, and thanks so much for asking me to guest post!





15 comments:

chantilly said...

oooh, these pictures are so nice! i've been to philly a few times, but i don't think i've ever seen chestnut hill. thanks for sharing :)

xx
~chantilly

sami said...

we have places called chestnut hill and germantown around massachusetts and they're not half as cute! jealous!

xo
sami

Chalkdust and Boots said...

What a lovely post. I lived in Philly for nine years and miss it every single day (in the greater Boston area now). In fact, I often go to your blog, Veronika, for a Philly-fix, although it breaks my heart a little, too...

Lisa (aka sweetie) said...

this place looks charming..love

Lisa

Sarah T. said...

Great photos! I went to La Salle University in North Philly and my ex-boyfriend lives in Chestnut Hill so I spent a lot of time exploring around there during my 4 years of undergrad.

Monique said...

Lovely photos. I've heard such great things about this neighborhood. So great to see what it looks like. Having a porch would be quite lovely in deed. Cheers to Summer Lovin'

Mrsink said...

What beautiful photos. Although my husband and I just moved to the west coast, all of my family lives on the east coast and I've been saying if we ever move over that way, we should hunt through Philly. It's so pretty!

Courtney said...

I always talk about how badly I want a wrap around patio, too. So beautiful,
Lovely photos!
Courtney
I Can Be Many Things

Melis said...

i love wraparound porches too! these pictures are great. i want to go to cake :)

Liz Quach said...

Wow, I've never been to this area of Philly before. Guess I'll have to plan a walkthrough on my next day off! Thanks for sharing!

justQUACHit

drinkeatplayrepeat said...

Great pictures! I want to go now!! I'll be sure to check it out next time I'm in Philly

Lauren Hairston said...

Such lovely photos! I've never been to Philadelphia, but you're really making me want to make the trip!

Rose said...

Oh no! I usually peruse Julie's blog in my lunch hour at work, but sadly my workplace internet proxy blocks flickr :(

I can't see any of the guest blogs pictures, and I bookmarked this one because the pictures are hosted on blogspot - and I can see though. Ah well, have to check this one at home x

Rose

Mercy said...

So....that guest post from tick tock vintage...I saw a picture of the house I am in right now! It was REALLY weird and kind of awesome. =)

loveMercyMe.blogspot.com

dusanabotswana said...

So beautiful, thanks for sharing! Every time I see your pictures from Philadelphia I think I want to move there, until I remember back to all the snow-covered ones that is! So cool they take such good care of their little gardens!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!