Monday, August 22, 2011

city love

summer of love guest postsummer of love guest postsummer of love guest postsummer of love guest postsummer of love guest postsummer of love guest postsummer of love guest post 
Hello, Annie here of Time Enough for Drums bringing you a little guest post for Julie while she's out getting hitched.  As I'm sure you already know, Julie asked us guests to blog about summer love.  Though I'm happily single, I do have a few summer loves of my own.  First, this little dress.  Second, my brand new apartment.  I moved in just a week and a half ago, and this is a small sneak peek.  And third, my new city of Chicago.  I relocated here to begin graduate school at the end of the month, and feel so lucky to be in such a vibrant and exciting new place.  Lucky for me my sunroom has a breathtaking city view, which these days, I just cannot get enough of.  What are you loving this summer?

Earrings - vintage

18 comments:

amanda said...

gorgeous photos!!! and i hope that all goes well with your transition to a new city and apartment and beginning school again. that dress is adorable!

gina said...

Lovely apartment! Welcome to Chicago.

steffy said...

What a beautiful apartment, I love the windows and all the natural light.

Hannah said...

Oh my, your apartment looks gorgeous! And huge!! I love Chicago, I imagine it must be a blast to live there. Yep, I'm jealous!

cakesandshakes said...

Your hair is pretty rad. Will have to check out your blog!

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

wildchild said...

your apartment looks so open and airy! and i love the dress. so pretty :)

Just a lazy morning said...

love these pics!
xoxo

curious constellation said...

Such gorgeous photo's, your apartment looks amazing!

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

That dress is really pretty! Love the pictures too :)

Katy said...

Your appartment looks gorgeous, and I love the dress! xx
Sirens and Bells

Jen said...

Hardwoods, exposed brick, and plenty of sunshine? I'm in love with your apartment, too! Definitely going to start following your blog to see how you decorate this beautiful space.

<3 jen @ stuffjendid

Cat said...

Pretty dresses make me so happy too! Yours is stunning ... adore the neckline and I just have to mention your braided hair ... hello gorgeous!

❤ Cat brideblu

Natalya's Closet said...

Great post Annie! I love your dress, especially the back of it! And congrats on the new apartment, that is so exciting!! Good luck with school too! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

Lauren said...

What a great apartment! Love those earrings, by the way.

Lauren
The Past on a Plate

AnnaBananaCupcake said...

Wow Annie, your new place looks amazing. I'm pretty much in love with your hardwood floors and all the gorgeous light. Congratulations! (To you and Julie!)
XOXO

off switch said...

such a beautiful apartment! i live just west of chicago in a suburb...bet it would be fun to see the city through my window every morning. enjoy! :)

Kristin said...

i adore this pics of annie she looks so classy!

Jenny P said...

That dress and that apartment!!! Love love love.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!