Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 4, 2011: Green, Blue, Brown, Maroon

Top: Swapped
Skirt: UO ($19)
Belt: J.Crew (gift)
Sandals: H&M ($7)
Bag: Swapped
Necklace: Gift

I love having my office day as an excuse to get dressed for work each week, as much as I love my job at the coffee shop and working from home, it's nice to break up the monotony of cut-offs and t-shirts with a cute outfit. The weather over the past week or so has been so pleasant, it's been really nice to not sweat constantly and actually get dressed. This is what I love about August, even though it's hot and still summery, you can tell that fall is on the horizon. Cooler nights, and cooler breezes coming off the ocean, I love it!

This was my work outfit on Monday, a celebration of this past weekend's swap. I tried to make an entire outfit of swapped items, but I think that would be more successful in the fall. Anyways, I love this little seashell top, isn't the collar so pretty? I don't usually wear stuff that's so girly-businessy, but that's why I love swapping: trying new things! I paired it with a basic skirt and my new swapped doctor's bag. I love! It's funny, after a big swap I always find myself searching blogs for stuff I brought to the swap, this time I had a huge bag of stuff i got rid of, I hope I see some it styled soon!

On another note, if you happen to be in the Boston area tonight, I'll be at Madewell on Newbury Street offering styling tips at their Denim After Dark event, I would love to see you there!

ps- Aren't jumping photos funny?

30 comments:

Les said...

I love the top! The colors are amazing. This outfit is one of my favorites of the summer on you! Have a fun day at work!! :)

Katy said...

I love this outfit, the bag is gorgeous! I love jumping photos...when they go well, like yours did! Whenever I've tried it has failed miserably, usually with a blurred face! xx
Sirens and Bells

Alessia said...

That bag is a dream! I can't believe someone gave that up. You are a lucky lady to now own that.

Anonymous said...

My sister and I saw that shirt and purse being unpacked when we were at the swap but could not find them when it was time to swap! can't believe you kept them!

Orchid Grey said...

Swaps are crazy like that, i would love to see who ended up with my stuff!

Chaucee said...

It's my goal to attend a swap someday. The whole idea of people fighting over clothes gets me really worried and anxious ( I hate any form of conflict, ha) but it sounds like a great way to add new items to your wardrobe!

Ps - I adore the sleeves and neckline on your shirt!

rebelrousher said...

Cute outfit, I love your top!

xx
rebelrousher.blogspot.com

Orchid Grey said...

Chaucee, i would love for you to attend a swap someday! People are generally nicer than you would expect, although it does get crazy. All in all they're really fun, and it's great to hang out with a bunch of bloggers!

Carol said...

Love love your bag, it´s perfect!!
xoxo

hannah, heart city said...

love the look, so good for end of summer. wish i could come to the madewell thing! sounds cool!

wildchild said...

i like your eyeliner like that :)

drinkeatplayrepeat said...

Oh.My.Gosh.

THAT BAG!!

Beautiful- love the outfit.

sami said...

love the jumping shot! and your outfit! i will try to stop by your event after working at LV tonight!

xo
sami

Lauren said...

what's funny about your jumping photo is that you look completely casual about it. like, 'no big deal, i'm just hovering in mid-air.'

http://seeparrot.blogspot.com

prettyinpdxstyle said...

If I asked pretty please, would you GIVE ME YOUR BAG?! So delish.

Lyndsay! said...

the skirt is to die for!

http://craftanista.blogspot.com/

Paige said...

oh my goodness, i brought this top to the swap...i am so glad it found a great home : ) looks awesome on you!!

-Paige

Jessica said...

I love this top and I like the skirt but I would have to say that I like the skirt from the last post a little better because it was lace.

Jessica.

http://www.JessicaWearsPearls.com

Jamie Rose said...

I love jumping pictures! They're the best. Awesome top. I really love the print on it.

HollyDolly said...

Perfect picks. That bag is to die for.

And I would love to see someone wearing something I brought to the swap. That would be so fun!

Clemson Girl said...

I just love that necklace. So fun.

Bostonista said...

This outfit is so perfect! I really love the cherry doctors bag! What a great find!
I hope the Madewell party went well!
xo

Anonymous said...

Perfection as always. cant wait for your wedding snaps!

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

adorable! Love that cute envelope necklace:) can you open it? that would be awesome!

Orchid Grey said...

Thank you! I can open it, and inside is a little note that says "i love you"

Grace @ Wrinkled Chiffon said...

I just found your blog and I love the envelope necklace...just like a little locket! It is so hard finding different necklaces like this nowadays...I assume it is vintage? I look forward to following your blog!

Grace @ Wrinkled Chiffon
www.wrinkledchiffon.com

Kristin said...

dainty shirt!

Spring Smith said...

Love that top- if it goes missing out of your closet you know where to look ;)

allie smith said...

Gosh, your hair is beautiful :)

Courtney said...

Love that shirt!

Courtney
Http://Icanbemanythings.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!