Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14, 2011: Melon, Denim, Leopard, Navy

Denim top: Thrifted ($5)
Linen skirt: Thrifted ($6)
Belt: Thrifted (came with dress)
Shoes: Thrifted ($10)
Bracelet c/o ModCloth
If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you may know that I hit thrift gold yesterday with a vintage 60s bridesmaid dress (here's a photo). I haven't had good luck thrifting in a few months, maybe it was because we were transitioning into summer, I don't know, but yesterday Savers finally delivered. Along with the dress (which I think I'll wear to our wedding reception), I found a bunch of dessert stands (good for our dessert table), this denim top, and this pretty melon colored skirt. As soon as I got home, I knew exactly how I wanted to style it, I love oranges and blues together so naturally I just paired the two and added a leopard print belt. I broke out my favorite pair of espadrilles for the first time this year as well.

We finally got some rain last night, and it must have cooled down by 15 degrees, it feels great outside! I'm feeling about 100x better than yesterday after finally getting a good nights sleep. It's funny because the cats have been so peppy, they're finally getting their energy back too after those hot hot days. Well, I'm off to get my car inspected and drop that pretty dress of at the cleaners, have a great day! xo

24 comments:

Sarah Baucom said...

That red dress is spectacular, and it looks like it fits you perfectly! I am inspired to go thrifting on my lunch break!

Frannie Pantz said...

I love love love this color combo! If you need some rain, we have been having so many storms, I'll try to send some your way. ;-) You look adorable in this! I'm gonna have to try my hand at copycatting you!

rebelrousher said...

I love your skirt and shoes! Very cute girl :)

xx
rebelrousher.blogspot.com

Lauren Hairston said...

What great thrift finds! I'm envying your weather today.

myAestheticStyle said...

What awesome thrift store finds!!
Love this outfit!!

Rebecca
myaestheticstyle.blogspot.com

cb said...

loving the leopard and the melon together! will try this combo out ;D

xo,
cb

Charmaine said...

I love the colour of that skirt! I especially like how it contrasts with your choice of background colour.

EatSleepDenim said...

This is such a fun mix of color and pattern!

www.eatsleepdenim.com

Elina said...

Amazing find, looks great on you! I'm a newish reader of your blog and wanted also to thank you for your lovely blog, I love your style :)

Bad Taste Toast said...

i love thhis combinatin of colors and fabrics! Especially these shoes are amazing!

Faff said...

Love this! I have an identical skirt, gotta get it out more! :)

Hope said...

Love your color blocking!! I never have any thrift luck. :(

-Hope
www.aflatteringtale.com

aimee said...

Love it! I just love bright colors in the summer, and I always adore leopard accessories whatever the season! Those espadrilles are great, too.

Sarah said...

Love this outfit, the colours are great! xx

Lisa - Archives Vintage said...

seriously, i just about died when i saw that pic yesterday....that dress is amazing. i was hoping you'd say you were going to wear it to your rehearsal dinner or something, but reception, even better! it's really a stunner. :)

Julie Del said...

Great combo! I love the melon with the leopard print.

Getting my hair cut in a week and you're making it really hard to decide whether I want to chop it all or just get a little trim. Love your gorgeous long locks.


Julie Del @ J.Bird

Lindsay Ann said...

i don't know what it is about this time of year, but i've had exceptionally good luck finding mint condition vintage dresses lately! yours is absolutely gorgeous though!

kelly ann said...

love the skirt with the denim, SO fantastic. And that red dress you found is STUNNING!

ALICE † said...

your hair is incredible! both colour and style x

wander-lustt.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

Love the denim vest! Wish I could thrift for something like that but no luck yet! : )

www.mrschong.com

dahhlayne said...

So glad you had success thrifting! I too love Savers! It is conveniently located right next to where I attend college...which is such a big temptation overall. haha Gotta love the fierceness of your leopard belt!!

forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

Jamie Rose said...

That denim top looks great with the coral-colored skirt. I really love the pop of leopard print in this outfit though!

Victoria said...

omg! your hair is really divine! I love the leopard belt with the denim all these colours look wonderful together. x

Kelly Lauren said...

you're such a hot mamma! I wish my hair would get as long as yours already! those shoes are such a good find at a thrift store? you rule.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!