Friday, June 3, 2011

Week in review

Top row: A new dress from ModCloth to wear at our engagement shoot, a chiffon skirt form Madewell that has been on my covet list
Middle row: The last of the Wedding magazines to be bought before the big day, our amazing cake topper from Melabo on Etsy
Last row: Louie is feeling fantastic, a vintage delivery bag from a flea market in Maine (my dad used to be a Press Herald paperboy)

Phew! This week has been a busy one! I've clearly been off my blogging game, which I know I shouldn't apologize for (life should come first), but man I hate when that happens! Chris and I have spent a lot of time this week pulling things together for our wedding. I think we both realized that it's coming up fast, and we still have a lot to do.

We're so excited for our engagement shoot with Spring Smith Studios! Spring is coming down on the 20th of this month and we have something super fun planned. I received this dress in the mail from ModCloth, and I think it will be the perfect thing to wear at our location. I'm so excited!

Chris and I both had the day off on Wednesday, so we took advantage and went to Boston to pick out his suit at the J.Crew Men's Shop. At first we were shying away from purchasing a whole suit, but as soon as he tried on the Ludlow, we knew it was "the one" haha (picking out his suit was harder then finding my wedding dress!). While we were in the city I made a stop at Madewell, where I picked up a new skirt (the last new clothing I will be buying for awhile).

Have you seen the Martha Stewart Wedding Magazine? I'm obsessed! I just bought the summer issue, which is conveniently the DIY issue. I want to make those paper flowers on the cake so badly! I think they would look lovely on a white cake with our Wolf and Kitty cake topper from Melabo.

Remember Louie? He's feeling so much better! He's started playing with Zeb and Zephyr, and they were even caught snuggling by my friend Chelsea last weekend! So far, his favorite thing is resting his head on my shoulder while I sleep (I say that's his favorite thing, because it's really my favorite thing).

Last weekend, we finally got to go to one of my favorite little flea markets up in maine, where I bought this fantastic vintage paper bag. My dad used to deliver papers for the Portland Press Herald in the 60's and carried one just like it. When I showed him he said "I was hoping I'd never have to see one of those again", job from hell?

And here's what's really exciting: Today was my last on-call shift, and last shift ever for my retail job! And I didn't have to go in! I start a new job on Monday that I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT! I'll still be working at the cafe part-time, but I'm happy about that. I like the cafe and it's a steady schedule. Job-wise, this year has been difficult, I'm so excited to be starting something new that interests me. So, I'll tell you what it is on Monday!

I hope everyone had a great week! What are you up to this weekend? Anything fun? We're headed to Rhode Island tomorrow afternoon for a graduation party.