Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011: Chambray, Creme, Multi

Dress: J.Crew sale ($15)
Cardigan: J.Crew outlet ($10)
Bracelet: swapped
Necklace: Madewell sale ($7)
Bag: Brimfield flea ($30)
As I mentioned on Friday, I start a new job today: I am extremely excited to announce that today is my first day as a Brand Ambassador for
The Swapaholics! I'm SO excited to get started! Basically I'll be repping the brand in all aspects, from doing guest posts on the Swapaholics blog to building community and readership (among many other things). I can't even explain how excited I am to be doing this, if we were talking in real life, I would be jumping around and talking gibberish.

Someone mentioned -correctly- in Friday's post that it seems like I've been jumping from job to job a lot, and yes, in the past year I have (I've had three different jobs since last September: one I'm keeping (the coffee shop), one was a placeholder (my retail job), and the other was the worst decision ever (AA)). June 18th will be the one year anniversary of when I left my job as a College Admissions Counselor to pursue other things (a job I held for 3 years), and looking back I was definitely naive to think I could find a perfect fit right away, finding the perfect fit takes time, patience, and extremely hard work. In an economy such as ours, it's easy to stay in a job just because you have it, but when that job is making you absolutely miserable, I don't think it's worth it. That is probably the exact opposite advice of all of our mothers and fathers, but I've been happier in this past unsteady year than I was in all of the secure ones. I don't want to come off as defensive, because the comment definitely wasn't mean (it was actually very nice, thank you), but it made me realize that maybe I should address the job changes I've gone through. I think there are a lot of people going through a similar situation, considering how many people I know who are having a hard time finding a job or have been laid off recently.
Ok, so on a different point, this is what I'm wearing! I bought this dress after hemming and hawing over it for the past few months, watching it sit in the sale section. The shape is definitely different than what I usually gravitate towards, but I loved the ruffles and it is super comfortable. Since I'm going into the office today, I added a cardigan and my favorite *sensible* shoes. To break up the blue and creme color scheme- which I seem to be wearing a lot of lately- i added a colorful swapped bracelet and my vintage bag. I didn't want to be too office-y because I'm going out tonight to meet Veronika from Tick Tock Vintage and the Delightful Dozen! I can't wait!

Anyways, if you have any questions for me, feel free to ask! and wish me luck, I'm off to work! xo