Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011: Navy, White, Brown

Belt: American Apparel
Necklace: Black Sparrow (gift)
Bag: Thrifted ($10)
How was your weekend? Ours was beautiful (and way too short), the weather has been unbelievable, just so, so gorgeous! On Saturday, Chris and I had the afternoon together, so after running a million errands, we decided to take a drive over to Salem and take photobooth pictures. It was so nice being by the water and walking around.

Since I've been working from home, and my coffee shop attire consists of ratty t-shirts and cut-offs, I've been making more of an effort to look put together the rest of the time. It's really easy (for me) to fall into the rut of excessive casualness when there's no everyday reason to get dressed up. Especially in the summer, when it's hot out, simplicity is key. That's why I love this dress from Lulu's: It's super light and breezy, but still looks nice. It was a little windy down by the water, so I added a cute pair of shorts from Ruche for modesty, I don't want to be flashing the whole boardwalk! I also wore my new shoes from Blowfish for the first time, I love them! Something I really appreciate about Blowfish shoes is that they're made a little wider, so they're super comfy and don't pinch. I felt wonderful in this outfit, and it reminded me that I really do enjoy getting dressed up, even though cut offs and a t-shirt can be so much easier.
(not our best work)
This whole week is looking like it's going to be gorgeous, do you have any fun plans? I'm working most of the week, but I'm hoping to make it to the beach one of these days.