Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mini Spotlight: Spotted Moth, Ruche, & The Spice Rack!

After the horrible weather on Friday, we're finally getting a little taste of spring around here. The sun is shining and the birds are chirping wildly. When warm weather shows it's pretty face, it's difficult to deny the simplicity of dresses. Sure they may not take any effort at all, no real thought is involved in throwing on a dress, but that is why I love them: after spending half the year in the cold and dark, spending countless hours finding the perfect equation of warmth x layers, I welcome the opportunity to wear one single item of clothing. Add some shoes, a necklace, and a bag, and you're done:
Spotted Moth is getting new dresses in almost daily. Wouldn't the Floral Rosemary Dress look nice with a brown belt and sandals? I love the unique lace collar on the Battenburg Lace Dress. The fiery red Claxton Dress would look amazing on someone with dark brown hair, I wish I could pull of red like that!
Ruche boasts a pretty amazing selection of unique dresses in a great variety of prints and fabrics. I'm in love with the Spanish Nights Dress, that print! those colors! I'm also loving lace and eyelet for Spring: the Dainty Darling Dress and Summer Dream Dress would be great for a graduation party or cookout.
If vintage is more your speed, then I highly suggest checking out The Spice Rack. Not only is the selection of vintage amazing, but everything is named after food and candy. I personally love the Brown Rice Dress, the Grilled Cheese Dress, and the Fig Newton Day Dress. Are you hungry yet?

What is your Spring Style Staple?