Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1, 2011: Things That Made This Day Better

Oh man, the weather today is awful. I woke up not-so-bright-but-extremely-early this morning to head into the city for an interview, which I believe to have gone well (and thank you to those who knew about it and wished me luck!). For some reason, I have the worst luck with the weather on interview days. It's either pouring, hurricane force wind, or raining and snowing. Today it was all three. I woke up to a blizzard which eventually just turned to rain.

All was not lost though, the view from the train was beautiful and I picked up the new ReadyMade from Trident Booksellers:
I always make a point to stop in and check out the sale at Madewell, I picked up a skirt, two necklaces, and a t-shirt. I also came home to new shoes on my doorstep (thanks, Blowfish!):
I love coming home to two busy cats. Today they were playing with a milk top and too rambunctious to pay much attention to the camera:
When all else fails to make a nasty day better, rustic cinnamon raisin toast with tea:


Things could be so much worse though, they've already got 8 inches of snow further North. Chris and I are going to the cinema in town tonight to see True Grit. Are you getting snow or rain where you live? Any plans for the weekend?

Have a great weekend!