Thursday, March 17, 2011

Photos of a rainy day


Doesn't rain just make you sleepy? All I want to do on rainy days is sleep and read, especially on a day off like yesterday. For most of the day yesterday I puttered around the house: snuggled with the cats, attempted to put the new 35mm back on my Diana (love that ModCloth has camera accessories!) which proved to be harder than expected (and is still in pieces on my coffee table), and picked out an outfit for work today. I was quickly running out of things to do when Kennedy texted me to go thrift shopping! I have a tendency to be a wicked home-body, at times I have trouble making myself socialize and go out, but one thing I love to do is go thrift shopping with friends. We both got some major scores at our local Savers (all of mine however are summer things), including a chair that didn't quite fit in the car. Now that Kennedy lives a couple of towns away, I hope we can make this a regular occurrence!

Stay tuned for an outfit post later today!

17 comments:

Jess said...

The outfit is amazing!

I love that skirt, where is it from?

it's kinda like the top and skirt were made for each other...

I love the rain : )

xx

http://killcouture.blogspot.com/

LUCYBOOTS said...

ahh cute cat! and i really love the outfit :) xx

Ana - Better in Sepia said...

I really love that shirt, can't wait to see the outfit photos! I agree about the rain, nothing makes me sleepier than a rainy day. I haven't made it to the Danvers Savers in forever, which drives me nuts since I live about 10 minutes away from it!!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

cool images - love the outfit on the polka dot bed! i also want a diana camera really bad.

looks like a good rainy day overall!

Steffy's Pro's and Con's said...

im super jealous... thrift shopping on a wednesday! i only have time on wknds!
<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

chantilly said...

aww, kitty is so cute!

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

I'm jealous of your Diana!!! :D
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Kennedy said...

i like how we've never actually hung out before but it felt just like i was catching up with an old friend! and yeah we're absolutely going to be hanging out a lot now <3

archives said...

rainy days are sleepy, but kind of the best...esp when a fruitful thrifting trip is involved. i love your curled up, sleeping kitten!!!!

Lexie, Little Boat said...

i always get super jealous when i find out two of my fave bloggers get to hang out in real life! no fair! ;)

joelle van dyne said...

haha, love the photo of the chair 'almost' fitting in the car. i've run into this situation too many times. i love the photo of your kitty too- so sweet!

Kayla said...

Looks like a pretty good rainy day. Cute outfits and taking pictures can make most any day better though.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

wildchild said...

ha i like the chair that's nowhere near fitting in the car. did you drive home like that?

Raindrops on Rosy said...

Everyday is a rainy day here in oregon:) How does that camera work??? I've been thinking about buying it on Modcloth for some time.

Penny said...

i had the same problem putting fim back to diana!i thought it would be so easy as i was used to analogic cameras in the past..but no!:P

antonia said...

awww, the kitty looks like a seashell!

Natalie Brooke said...

We sound like we have a bunch in common - I'm an extreme homebody too! Your cat is SO cute!!! :) Hope you had a non-rainy day today!

Keep smiling!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!