Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mini Spotlight: Spotted Moth, Lulu's, & Simple Thrift

Ahh, Spring is slowly showing it's pretty face around here! The sun is a little warmer, the days are a little longer, and we're slowly needing layers less and less. I love looking to my sponsors for outfit ideas, and I think it's interesting to see how you can take from so many different sources to make a harmonious outfit. Todays outfit idea centers around a nude monochromatic scheme:
Start with these items from Spotted Moth: a patterned crop top like the Eagle Scout Top in a sandy nude, add a maxi skirt like the Annie Hall belted skirt in a slightly varied shade, and top it off with a cozy knit like the Knitty Infinity Cowl (it's still technically winter, after all). I like the draped quality of this outfit, with the corresponding colors its put together but still relaxed.
To keep the outfit from getting frumpy, add some strappy platforms to add hight and polish, like these from Lulu's.com. My favorite for this ensemble would have to be a pair of black wedges like the Skid 8, but I also love the combination of natural wood and leather like the Jeffrey Campbell Ric. If you're looking for a lower heel, you could try the Isaac 43's.
Lastly, add a bag. I like the character of vintage accessories, they add just the right amount of "oomf" to an outfit. These beauties from Simple Thrift are perfect: the vintage wicker chain strap bag is perfect for summer, the explorer bag is great for books or school supplies, and a black mesh bag adds a little glam to the ensemble (click for something similar- and awesome). Remember you can receive a whopping 20% off your order from Simple Thrift with the code "ORCHIDGREY"!

I'm slowly getting an idea of what I want to wear this Spring, I really can't wait for flowers to bloom and leaves to appear on the trees again! Happy shopping!

4 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

oh my goodness - those shoes rock! need to check out that shop...um, NOW!

Birta said...

Oooooooohhhh the Jeffrey Campbell's are to die for!

Erin and Caroline said...

Wow. Thank you so for much for the great ideas for summer! Will be on the hunt for similar items. =)

-Erin (http://keepcalmandstyleon.blogspot.com)

Michelle's Style File said...

Great choices- I love the skirt!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!