Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 22, 2011: Blue, Black, and Gold

Silk top: Vintage (gift)
Necklaces: Black Sparrow and H&M
Shoes: Forever 21 ($13)
This dress from Lulu's has been burning a hole in my proverbial pocket for about a month now, why can't spring come sooner? The weather for the past few days has been beyond miserable, it snowed all day yesterday, and is just gloomy today. I am pining for the days where I can wear a simple dress and sandals, until then however I have to find more creative ways of covering up. This vintage crop top is one of my favorite items of clothing, it definitely is underutilized in my closet. I liked how it looked with the sheer pleats of my dress. I have to say, I'm completely convinced by maxi and midi dresses lately. If you find the right length they can even make shorter girls look tall (think Rachel Zoe), and I like how I'm getting some length variety in my closet. Not just all minis now. How do you feel about maxi dresses? Love them? Hate them?

I went with simple accessories (excuse the lint- our apartment is static hell):