Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17, 2011: Blue, grey, and plum

Sweater: J.Crew (sale)
Club collar shirt: AA
Skirt: J.Crew
Belt: GAP ($3 sale)
Tights: TjMaxx ($?)
Shoes: Charlotte Ronson ($60 ebay)
Spyglass necklace: Essex Shipbuilding Museum ($8)
So this is my work outfit that I put together yesterday (I mentioned it in this morning's post). I rarely pick out my clothes the day before (so, so rarely) but yesterday as I was picking up my half of the bedroom and threw these on the bed together and it serendipitously made sense. Because it's still not warm enough to go sans tights, I added some sheer grey tights and swapped out the brown belt for purple. I love grey and purple together. All in all I like how it came together, but it definitely felt like a work outfit, which isn't necessarily bad but lately I feel as though my tastes have been straddling the preppy look and something slightly more bohemian. I don't really have a problem with dressing a million different ways, I think that's the whole point of fashion and style. Do you have one specific style you stick to, or do you like to switch it up? Both outfits this week are work outfits, I love that I can wear casual clothes to work, it makes getting ready SO much easier!

Chris and I both have the afternoon off, so we're headed out to a late lunch, it's beautiful out! I think it's officially the nicest day we've had yet this year, 60 degrees and sunny. The windows are open, the cats have spring fever (racing around the house like maniacs), and everything smells like spring! Have an AMAZING afternoon! xo