Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14, 2011: Chambray, Bone, & Navy

Shirt: J.Crew Outlet ($20?)
Jeans: Madewell High-Rise
Necklace: Black Sparrow (gift)
This is, hands down, my favorite kind of outfit. Simple, comfortable, but with a little kick. The kick this time being some amazing shoes from Lulu's, I love these Jeffrey Campbell wedges, the monochromatic tassels strike the perfect balance between dressed up and minimal, plus they're easy to walk in. Sometimes I find myself feeling trepidation upon posting such a simple, possibly unstyled outfit, do you ever feel that way? I think sometimes with blogging comes the feeling that you have to wear a lot of layers, jewelry, prints, etc. for an outfit to be considered blog-worthy. But we can't dress that way everyday, or at least I can't, and the simple days are usually my favorites. I find I feel most beautiful in a simple button down or t-shirt with jeans, and maybe some cool shoes. It may be that I'm just so sick of wearing so many layers, seriously dressing in the winter takes so much thought. I love the simplicity of getting up in the summer and throwing something on. I like to keep my make-up simple too, usually with just eyeliner and mascara, but today I added some bright pink lip color to shake things up a bit.

How was your weekend? Ours was perfectly relaxed, we went to brunch, finished the guestlist for our wedding, played some Scrabble, and watched Gosford Park (love that movie!). As much as I love our laid back winter weekends though, I can't wait for the adventures that come with summer. I'm so excited to go to the beach, go hiking, etc.!
Hope you're having a good monday!