Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Jumping Someone Else's Train

Dress: Delightful Dozen swap with Annie
Lace vest: Vintage from my mom's closet
Bag: Vintage/thrifted D&B ($12)
Coat: Urban Outfitters ($30)
Tights: AA
Another Delightful Dozen look for you today. Over the weekend I took advantage of the sunny (but still cold) weather to shoot the two dresses that I've been holding captive. When I fist received this dress of Annie's I wasn't sure how I would style it, I liked the creme and beige polka-dots, but the silhouette wasn't something I would normally gravitate towards. I decided that I wanted to style a monochrome outfit, focusing on the neutrals in the dress. I added caramel colored tights, darker brown thigh highs, and clogs in a medium shade. To break up all the brown and add some texture, I threw on this lace vest, which is proving to be one of the most versatile pieces in my closet. My accessories came last, and I have to say I really wasn't focused on them. I added my squirrel necklace from ModCloth, because I haven't worn it in nearly a year.

I did however, really want to showcase my new bag. Last monday Savers had a huge 50% off sale for President's Day, I wasn't expecting to find anything because the place was packed, but I went anyway because who can resist 50% off thrift store prices? I always hit the shoes and bags first and lo and behold, buried among the LV and Chanel rip-offs, there was this beauty. A slightly larger version of my forrest green D&B bag, this will be perfect for Spring. There's some ink stains on the front, but for $12 I don't care. It fits library books and my date planner, so I'm all set!
Have you visited the new Delightful Dozen blog? Hurry over to enter the giveaways!