Friday, March 18, 2011

Art notes: Another way to help


If you haven't already donated to help the victims of last Friday's earthquake and resulting tsunami in Japan, or are looking for more ways to help, 20X200 has released two limited edition prints to benefit the relief efforts. The two prints, by Emily Shur and Joseph Holmes, are available in three different sizes at $20, $50, and $200 price points. All net proceeds generated by the sale of these two limited edition prints will go to support the Japan Society's Earthquake Relief Fund. Both artists donated these images in support of the relief, I haven't decided if i want both or just one, they're both so beautiful.

You can also donate to the Red Cross or text REDCROSS to 90999 to instantly donate $10 to the organization.

4 comments:

Castle Fashion said...

How beautiful...I sent money but I wish I could be there to help. It's hard being so far away from it all. [Sigh]

cakesandshakes said...

Another easy, reliable way to donate is via Google, you can do it directly in yen and it goes to the Japanese Red Cross society with no administrative or other hidden fees. Google are doing a lot, also they have a digital crisis centre so people can write messages looking for lost loved ones, etc. and with all the latest news updates. Just thought it was worth a mention! Both shots are beautiful, I like the smoky feel to the one on the right : )

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

This is a very cool way to help:)

On my blog today I also mentioned the following:

100% for Japan Forever21! Every dollar that you spend online today (today only) at forever21.com will go towards earquake and tsunami relief in Japan! Shop on ladies!

~Rosy~

Orchid Grey said...

thank you both for posting this info, I think any way that people choose to help out is is great!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!