Tuesday, February 22, 2011

With the greatest of ease

Photos: Chris
Dress: Beacon's Closet ($12)
Bag: Vintage Thrifted Coach ($20)
Belt: J.Crew (gift)
Tights: American Apparel ($25)
Franklin Necklace c/o Jess LC
Ahh, Friday seems like it was a lifetime ago! As I mentioned yesterday, we experienced an all-too-brief taste of spring with 70 degree weather. As a celebration of the impending season, I broke out some items that have been burning a hole through my proverbial pocket, just for a day spent running errands with Chris. I bought this springy dress on my trip to New York at Beacons Closet, and it's so comfortable. I love clothing that doesn't take much thought to wear, just put it on and go. I've been saving these shoes for a few weeks now, there's been too much snow to wear them out. I love them with tights here, but I can't wait to throw them on with pretty spring dresses and skirts, sans tights. For being so high, they're remarkably easy to walk in and comfortable. I added some brown and gold accessories, like my Coach bag, brown belt, and gold cuff. I'm kind of in love with this bracelet, it features a rather angry looking sea-bird, which is appropriate since I live close to the water and stepping out into our parking lot can be like entering a scene from "The Birds" at times.

This week has been quiet so far. Unfortunately, the warm weather didn't last and we're back to a very brisk 20 degrees. This morning I volunteered at the Shipbuilding Museum, which I'm hoping will become a regular thing. My task for the day involved leading a few school groups along a boatbuilding themed scavenger hunt. I'm really looking forward to going back when it's warm, if any of you have ever heard of Woodman's (where the fried clam was invented), the museum is right up the road.
Happy Tuesday!

34 comments:

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Love this outfit! The heels are fantastic!

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

I absolutely adore this beautiful dress + your shoes are dreamy. You have such a fantastic eye for mixing colours, brilliant! Enjoy your day at the museum sounds really fun. xx veronika

Katie Dodd said...

Ah Beacons. I live so close and frequent, not enough. I'm always inspired by the tones of your outfits. I love how you make browns and taupes look so beautiful. Shoes = to die.

FutureLint said...

I'm not usually a fan of rose prints, but that dress is so cute! The colors are perfect and I love your new shoes!

Kitsune-kun said...

this outfit is so lovely and springy! is it really warm enough to wear it where you are! so jealous. I'm still living in leggings and sweater tights:(

ohpageboys.blogspot.com

Treehugger_31 said...

Such a pretty dress!

My CoCoon Vintage said...

The lovely floral print and high chunky sandals have got me very excited for warmer weather. That cuff is what dreams are made of too!

www.iheartcocoon.com

Deni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deni said...

I totally love your outfit...lovely dress !


xx
inanothercornerofparadise.blogspot.com

Life before the letter said...

Gorgeous outfit! Makes me want to chuck out all my sweaters and hang up my summer dresses :)

Elaine said...

Love those clogs! They're so you.

www.clothedmuch.com

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous outfit. Love the painted effect of those flowers and those shoes are making me carve some vintage 1970s things right now.

curious constellation said...

This dress is just perfect, you look so slim in it.

Ana - Better in Sepia said...

This is a great outfit, it definitely seems very "you"!

Lauren said...

Oh I am such a fan of this entire look! I want to steal your shoes and that bird cuff. Beautiful.

Love, L.

frills-and-lace.blogspot.com

NewTownGirl said...

Beautiful outfit! That dress looks stunning on you. Glad to hear you had fun volunteering - I wish there was something similar near me <3

Stef / Diversions said...

Beautiful dress - I adore the flowerprint and colours and those shoes are so awesome it might be illegal.

From 70 right back to 20 sounds hard going. Ugh. The differential alone would knock me out.

Miyan said...

your bracelet is amazing! loving the floral dress too...

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

FoofandFaff said...

Gorgeous outfit, those shoes are amazing, cant wait for spring! :)

Maya said...

Lovely colours and shoes!

they're easy to walk in because of the groovy platform =) but it still takes good balance being high up! May I ask how tall you are?

Lexie, Little Boat said...

those shoes are awesome! and that bracelet, too! you seem to have a great collection of floral print dresses!

Carol said...

Lovely outfit!!
The floral dress is beatiful and the shoes are amazing!!!
xoxo

Chloe Trayner said...

Truly love this outfit, everything works so well in it. Adore the shoes, can't wait to see more of the dress too! Your hair is looking stunning recently.

Becky said...

I love this outfit! And I love the color of the tights that you paired with the dress. Perfect for the not-so-much-spring-weather-yet! Ha.

Emma (Scrapbook de la Emma) said...

this dress is so pretty, i adore the print

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

This is so effortlessly pretty!

Catherine said...

Your shoes are so wonderful - can't wait to see how you'll style them once warmer weather is a regular thing. It reached 70 degrees here, too, but of course, it has since snowed.

xox

Little Tree Vintage said...

that dress is amazing, lovely find

MissNeira said...

I love the color scheme, kinda reminds me of the movie Suicide girls, love the print!


xoxo
Miss Neira

Becca Jane said...

I love that dress - the print is so pretty! And those heels look fabulous too.

Emily said...

love the colors! and those shoes are amazing!!

Libby said...

I love everything about this outfit! The dress, the belt, the shoes, the bag...so cute!!

Caitlyn, Bees with Feathers said...

You always put together the most amazing outfits. The colors in this are perfect.

Danielle said...

Cute tights!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!