Friday, February 25, 2011

Steven Alan Fall 2011 (or: Can we just fast forward to September?)

I'm sorry to do this two days in a row. I'm well aware of how saturated blogs are with post-fashion week coverage, but I have an excuse: April showers have decided to arrive early and the world is simply too damp for outfit photos. BUT, I have something really good to show you, rarely am I so drawn to a designer's entire collection, but I'm finding myself so with Steven Alan's Fall 2011 presentation:
Image source: Style.com
I mean, how perfect is the whole thing? What I love about this collection is how accessible it is. We can't all afford Steven Alan (oh, but I wish I could!), but these are all items that are easily thrifted or bought cheaply, if not already existing in our closets. The pops of red, leopard, and stripes are what makes the whole collection for me, without those little bursts of excitement I think the whole thing might feel a bit dull. I also love the minimal accessorizing, the prints are allowed to breathe without being weighed down by too much jewelry. These are going right into my inspiration folder, maybe I'll even use them now, it's still cold out after all!

Can you believe it's nearly March? We're getting rain down here, but my sources tell me further north is getting another 15" of snow. I'm spending the day running errands and trying to stay dry. Happy Friday!