Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rachel Antonoff F/W 2011




All images via Refinery 29
I don't post much about designer collections here, mostly because I feel there is so much coverage everywhere else on the web, especially post-fashion week. But I couldn't help posting these images from the Rachel Antonoff F/W 2011 presentation I came across on Refinery 29. Antonoff does such an impeccable job presenting the entire life of her collection in her presentations, it's instantly understood where her inspiration lies. The images themselves, shot in Holga format, remind me of the 6th grade school dances I was so reluctant to attend, only much more stylish of course. I'm so excited to see that the 60's and 70's will be hugely influential this coming fall, two of my favorite decades.

10 comments:

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

but i mean i really couldn't tell that these are not originals!!! Grand!
I'm not convinced regarding the clothes though... I probably need a better look! :)
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

pearli said...

agreed on all points.
liking how stylee all the white tights look and especially like the surprise lightning bolts and kitty ear silhouette pocket in the second to last photo.
thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

I really like the look of these shots! :D

Life before the letter said...

those pictures are priceless! wish my school dances were like that, haha :)

Morgan said...

These photos are so great!

Rachel said...

seriously what a great collection. i love the presentation as well especially the three girls standing awkwardly at the end. so typical.

lookbook things.

Hilary Grace said...

The very top left image I swear could be my mom when she was in middle school!

I agree, I love the presentation and long live the 60s & 70s. :)

mandiimae said...

love, love! i would also love to see how you would style for prom/formal. that would be an awesome post!

Hope said...

Very Virgin Suicides.

Katie Dodd said...

oh i'm so glad you did! this is such a great post as it fits so perfectly in with your general style and gist! definitely going to wear my saddle shoes tomorrow! thanks for the inspiration...as always! xo

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!