Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh so quiet

I really didn't have any plans for what I was going to post today, due to the sheer magnitude of snow we received this week, outfit posts have been put on hold. It's insane, it snowed for two straight days! Anyways, I finally got my scanner working yesterday (after nearly having an Office Space-esque breakdown), and have been spending the morning scanning old photos. Since this is also kind of a hair blog (kind of), I thought I would share what my hair used to look like... a really long time ago. Yep, that's me. My friend Christine took this picture for a portrait class we were in, in college. I think I was either 19 or 20 here.

It's been a very quiet couple of days around here, after snowing for forty-eight hours we've been left with a huge mess to clean up. Chris and I are both feeling under the weather, so I've taken advantage of the down time to obsessively work on my resume. And that, my friends, is all I have to report for this week! Exciting, huh? I know I've promised a shop update, and it's in the works. I have a bunch of great stuff to get listed, which I'm hoping to do today or tomorrow. In the mean-time, enjoy your friday!

21 comments:

Ashley said...

That picture makes me think of the character Lisbeth from the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - only blonde!

I hear you on the snow - I live north of St. Louis and we got just under 20 inches - combine that with sub-zero temperatures and taking pictures outside is the last thing I want to do!

SAMI. said...

you were so badass!!!

xoxo
sami

check out my pretty stamp giveaway!
http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2011/02/primele-stamp-giveaway.html

pearli said...

your nose is adorable.
i told the snow to quit it but i don't think it's going to listen.
fingers&toes x'd.

Orchid Grey said...

Perli, I hear more snow is in the forecast for next week!

pearli said...

i know i know.
sigh.
there's no place left to throw the shoveled snow as it is! piles almost as high as i.
believe in the groundhog!

Rachel said...

Your hair looks beautiful! :o

Dawn said...

You have always had great hair...long or short I am sure. Have a great weekend and maybe I missed something but what shop? Dawn

the morose bee said...

the picture is great.

also, living in boston i feel your pain! i just want to be able to walk outside and not worry about knee deep slush!

amanda said...

whoa, this is so rad. love how edgy/punk this is. i know you're a touch younger than me, but that you still grew up in the 80s/90s. as horrible as some people say those two decades were for fashion, i still think it was a pretty badass time to grow up in, ya know?

Hilary Grace said...

So.. are you loving the snow or sick of it, or somewhere in between?

Ricki said...

What a beauty! I don't think any hairstyle would look bad on you. You've got the style to pull it all off, lady.

Liz said...

It looks so 80's
remind me Alisson from the breakfast club :D

Kitsune-kun said...

this makes me wish even more that my hair would grow. I really seriously feel like it hasn't grown a cm in months.ahhh.

Ana - Better in Sepia said...

Fantastic photo! I'm kind of bummed I never got to have fun hair and now I have to be all "resposible" at work.

Lexie, Little Boat said...

that is a great photo. it's so interesting to see how people change throughout their late teens-20s.

happy weekend! :)

happy owl erin said...

hi there,
never have been to your blog before. but I think you are absolutely adorable. a new reader for sure!
:)

Krystal said...

office space...is in my top 5!

covetouscreatures.com said...

This picture is amazing in so many ways. I love seeing how much your style has evolved over the years!

Bri said...

i love your long locks! both then and now. happy weekend :)

Caroline said...

So edgy and funky! I love that first person's comment with the Lisbeth Salander reference- so true! Good luck battling all this tremendous snow.

Kennedy said...

i can hardly believe that's you! its so fun to go through old photos and look at your style evolution. we absolutely need to get together soon now that we're both officially on the north shore. i cant wait to meet you!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!