Friday, February 18, 2011

NYC in Pictures: Part 4 (Style File)

Coat: J.Crew (sale)
Shirt (beneath): J.Crew ($20-ish)
Jeans: Madewell (sale)
Boots: Matiko ($80 sale)
Bag: vintage & thrifted Coach ($7)
Sunnies: Beacon's Closet ($16)
Hat: Vintage (Chris's)
The last of my NYC pictures. These were taken on our travel day back home, last Friday. This outfit is purely practical, just something comfortable I threw on for the train and then the car ride home. While packing for the trip, I neglected to take into account that I would probably be coming home with more stuff than I went there with (or maybe I was naive enough to think that I wouldn't actually buy anything? ha.), so packing to come home was...a task.

I threw on the hat and glasses so they wouldn't get crushed in my bags and layered a couple of sweaters underneath so I wouldn't have to pack those. The final product felt a little Gloria Steinem, which I'm fine with. I found this bag on a thrifting excursion on my birthday. I don't think anyone noticed that it was Coach, because it was priced at $6.99, probably the best deal I've ever gotten. I love the size of it, it's large enough to fit a library book, but not too large that it gets filled with papers and trash (my bad habit). Plus, I like that it's the opposite color-wise from my jacket.

Well, this marks the end of my New York photos this week. All-in-all it was a great trip, but I really can't wait to go when the weather isn't frigid!
PS- Jen took these photos for me. Thank you!