Monday, December 20, 2010

Mini Spotlight: ModCloth & Bearcat Vintage!

Ah, it's the last few days until Christmas! You know what this means? Last minute gift buying! I told myself I would be finished last Friday, but of course I'm not. I spent about an hour at the mall trying to find something for Chris's nephew before getting quickly overwhelmed. This is why I love shopping online, it's so easy to find something cool and unique!
I love buying books for people, they're almost always appreciated and look cool on a shelf. Art and fashion books are my favorites to buy, they rarely go out of style and if they do, it's always fun to look back on them. ModCloth has a great selection of books right now, one I'm personally coveting is the Fashion File by Janie Bryant. Also check out Style Diaries and Happy Chic!

Etsy is another one of my favirite gift shopping destinations, especially for vintage. If you need something to wear to all of those holiday and New Years celebrations, definitely check out BearCat Vintage's selection of dresses and skirts. Wearing vintage to a party is a sure way to make sure you're the only one wearing a little black dress with sheer sides or a black tiered skirt. Don't forget there's a few more hours to enter the BearCat vintage giveaway!

Stay tuned for a style post later today!

3 comments:

Eliise said...

I got "Style Diaries" for my brithday last month and it's really a great book for a gift! I enjoyed it very much :)

Flora said...

I'm so happy you are writing about Style Diaries since I'm a part of it! Have to say I love your blog, it is gorgeous!

cat-i-ushka said...

imo books are the best gifts!

I hope that The Fashion File will be available in Poland soon - clothes in Mad Men are so stunning!

and funny thing - today I got a book (good detective story) for X-mas from my friend :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!