Thursday, December 2, 2010

In need of a change

So, new fringe is probably extremely anticlimactic to all of you, but it's amazing what a difference even a little change can make to your whole outlook. Frankly, I don't miss my forehead:
Button-up: American Apparel
Jeggings: J.Crew Sale ($20)
Bracelet c/o Modcloth
Vintage Manolo Kitten Heels: Swapped!
So last Saturday I went to the salon Chris's step-mom owns to get my eyebrows done, and walked out with bangs! I had been thinking about it for a long time, I needed a change but didn't necessarily want to cut any length off, bangs are perfect for that. I used to be so carefree about my hair and would change it constantly, but it became harder and harder to do anything drastic as it got longer. I really love the end result, I'm still re-learning how to style them (I was growing out a similar style when i started Orchid Grey), but i think they look nice.

This is the kind of outfit I would wear everyday if I worked from home, comfy classic. I had the day off today and unfortunately spent most of it on the internet, which I didn't intend to do. It's too easy to get wrapped up blog-land! Anyways, I went with an oversize denim button-up and easy jean-leggings. To fancy it up a bit, I added one of most amazing swap finds yet: a pair of vintage two-tone Manolo Blahnik kitten heels. I. Love. Them. This is a perfect example of why I don't write commentary on the Spring or Fall collections, two months ago I found the kitten heel trend abhorrent, aaaaand now I'm wearing some, lesson learned (or not learned because I didn't say anything!). My tastes change constantly. You probably won't find me buying tons of kitten heels, but I like the length they add to my legs.
I'm so happy it's almost the weekend, it's been a really rough week and I just want to spend it how I usually do: at home. I'm so exciting, aren't I?

Goodnight! Don't forget to enter the giveaway!

37 comments:

Josie ♥ Savoir Weddings ♥ said...

Yay for fringes! I got mine cut a month ago and frickin love it. And I don't miss my forehead either.

Carys said...

I find it so easy to get wrapped up in blogland too. I think your new haircut really suits you, you look just lovely!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

eleanor said...

Your hair looks great! I love having 'bangs' - I don't miss my forehead either, haha!

This outfit is so perfect, and those shoes were such an amazing find.

X

Jill said...

Love the bangs! They look great on you!

Looks & Books

Kayla said...

So jealous of the shoes. The fringe hair looks fab.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

cb said...

love the bangs on you! i love mine and styling them too! i am waiting to see how long i can grow my hair out...i am kinda getting the itch to cut it but i am trying really hard not to give in. i would LOVE to get my hair as long as yours <3

xo,
cb

Katie Aman said...

I love the new hair so much! I keep wanting to get bangs too....but then I chicken out. Maybe I should go for it! And yes, those shoes? Incredible!

Maria Confer said...

Oooh, I love the bangs Julie!! So gorgeous on you!

xx
Maria
Lulu Letty

Punky said...

YOU GOT THEM!!!

Lucky swapper!

archives said...

i heart your bangs! i recently chopped mine too after humming and hawing about it. :)

and those MB's! love them!

nataliebrooke said...

I love your bangs! I've been thinking of getting mine cut too. Beautiful outfit!

http://nataliebrooke.wordpress.com

Diana, Songs and Fairy Tales said...

Julie, you look gorgeous with bangs!! Love love love them. I am growing mine out at the moment but seeing you rocking them..hmm maybe cut them again :)
And I think it's good for you as a person to constantly change your tastes...because you're constantly evolving and growing into a better person.

Among the Honey Bees said...

very Bardot! I like!! kind of 70's chic with your septum piercing throwing in a major rock vibe!

Megan said...

Love the new bangs! You look gorgeous. :)

Briel79 said...

Haha I did think you were going to reveal a big change! The bangs look really cute! :)

Kaydee said...

Your bangs look awesome! I tried straight across bangs once but it didn't work for me. So sad...

A/C said...

Love the bangs! I like that they grow out fast too!

fashionfletcher said...

Love those shoes! They are so cute! Check out my online fashion mag! and please follow :)

http://lustrousfashion.blogspot.com/
http://lustrousfashion.blogspot.com/
http://lustrousfashion.blogspot.com/

Chalkdust and Boots said...

Your bangs are great! After years of dithering, I finally got mine last March and don't regret it for an instant. I love your kind of look, with long, flowing hair and perfect-length fringe: that's what I'm aiming for, too.

Isabella Kiss said...

oh I am glad you didn't cut it all off. when you mentioned a hair cut i thought maybe you got rid of the length. and you shouldn't! it is lovely.

Vanessa said...

Diggin' the fringe. Nice work!

KT said...

Loving the bangs. Can't wait to see them in person at the next swap event. - Katy

lookthroughmyspecs said...

I love the new bangs! I actually just got some of my own last week. While it takes an extra 5 minutes to make sure they're all straight and not too crazy, the little spark of change that they provide is totally worth it.

Aubsent From Texas said...

The bangs look great with your long mane of hair.
I'm growing my own out but I've always loved how between bang trims as they grow out you get a whole new look :)

Delightfully Tacky said...

Yay! I love em! I was so happy when I made the change to have a fringe and it's been awesome! Big hair + Fringes FTW!

Jay said...

Love the fringe! You look great :)

commonsenseandstilettos.blogspot.com

Nukke - Doll De ViL - said...

gorgeous shoes ♥ and you're so beautiful!

Mici Milovaného said...

I totally adore your new hair!!

Ginta said...

I love the bangs! You look absolutely perfect!

jessica said...

Loving the fringe! Why is it when ever I stumble across a new blog, the blog owner always has fantastic hair?! Your my 2nd hair crush of the day!
Really love the style in your pics as well :)

joyfullyoutlandish said...

I was in a hair rut too and got bangs for pretty much the same reasons. Long hair is to precious to just cut up in whim.

Ana - Toil and Trouble said...

You look great! If you had told us about the bangs before you cut them I would have had a hard time picturing it, but they really flatter you. I'm in a serious hair rut right now but I have no clue what to do with it. I can't do bangs because my hair does a weird thing that parts the front of my hair whether I want it to or not.

Jessica said...

Love your bangs! They look wonderful. :) also, LOVE your ideal work-from-home outfit... mine would be similar. if only!

emily//the lesser panda said...

Sweeeeet shoes!

Emily//TheLesserPanda

Rebecca said...

Your bangs and those amazing shoes look fabulous!

covetouscreatures.com said...

Your hair looks great! And if I had that kind of length I'd be hesitant to take it off as well. Sadly, I always lose patience or get bored with mine before it reaches that point...

chloe said...

heehee, im with you on the kitten heel trend! i used to hate them (they're not 'proper' heels, they're not flats) but one day i halfheartedly tried a pair on and completely fell in love, hehe. yours are really cute with the two-tone detail! x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!