Friday, December 24, 2010

Dogs on ice

These photos were taken last weekend at my mom's house in Maine. We've been going ice skating on this pond for years, when I was a kid we would have ice skating parties where we would build a bonfire on the ice and skate around and roast marshmallows and hot dogs (because the two go so well together.). I know, not safe, but the best things rarely are. We took her dogs down to the ice last Saturday, dogs on ice are pretty funny to watch.



I believe she's decided to keep Buster (the puppy), and I can't blame her, he certainly is endearing. At only two months old he already retrieves, sits, and gives you his paw. Very advanced.

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend and eating lots of treats! I'm excited for our bonfire tonight, hopefully the weather holds, it's supposed to be 5*f tonight! Brrrr!

12 comments:

Juliette said...

So adorable! We have a golden retriever, they make the best companions!

-Juliette WhereForArtThouRomeo

Ashley said...

oh my gosh, that sounds like so much fun! I always wanted to go skating on a pond when I was little but it was never safe enough because it tends to not stay cold enough long enough in Missouri for the ice to thicken that much - plus my parents always said it would ruin my skates (I used to competitively figure skate, so mine were crazy expensive). One time, though, we had a major ice storm and our (gravel) road was covered with a sheet of ice so I snuck out with my brother and our skates and skated down our road - it was so much fun...but definitely ruined my skates. My parents were NOT happy!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Marissa said...

I can't imagine anyone looking at Buster and deciding otherwise! Where is this in Maine? My mom's a Mainer, which is why I ask.

Caroline said...

My goodness Buster is sooo adorable! I'm in love.
I've never been skating on an actual frozen pond before. I think I would be too scared that it would crack! At my pool club though, they pour water over the tennis courts and convert it into a rink! Clever, right?

whitney said...

that puppy is so cute. happy christmas to you!

D'Andra said...

What a sweet story!

curious constellation said...

That puppy is such a cutie! Merry Christmas (:

Annika said...

there is something about puppies that makes me swoon. they are adorable :)
and merry christmas!

http://escapetotoyland.blogspot.com/

Violet Clair said...

What a lovely looking scene!
Moving to Brooklyn has given me fantasies about frolicking in the countryside like never before.

And Buster looks like a precious munchkin.

Hope you enjoyed your holidays xo.

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Dogs on ice, haha! Almost as funny as cats in hammocks (which are pretty darn funny!).

Kim G. said...

She has beautiful pups! I would like to see dogs on ice!

Spring Smith said...

I remember skating on that pond!!!! Hotdogs and marshmallow were always the best!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!