Thursday, November 11, 2010

Winter Coat Time!

Plaid & Shearling Coat: TopShop ($240)
Plum Car Coat: L.L. Bean ($199)
Hairy Tulip Coat: TopShop Premium ($310)
Camel Car Coat: L.L. Bean ($199)
Toggle Coat: L.L. Bean ($199)
Navajo Inspired Coat: ModCloth ($129)

It's that time of year, time to buy a new winter coat! I'm realizing that I really should have bought myself a new winter coat last year, when I actually had some money to spend. My sad, old H&M jacket is looking a little thread bare after three years of continuous wear, and I'm finding myself in need of something warmer and well, better looking. I've been scouring the internet for the past few weeks, trying to find the perfect jacket to save up for, and it's come down to these. I'm completely in love with the first TopShop coat, the plaid and shearling is right up my alley right now, and would match all the neutrals in my closet. Northern mainstay L.L. Bean has also come out with some surprisingly stylish numbers this season too, how beautiful is that plum color? And I can't help felling a little in love with that ModCloth coat, I love that pattern and the fur hood!

Are you planning on purchasing a new winter coat this year? Any favorite styles you've seen for the season?

-----------------------------------
I'll have a wedding inspiration post up later tonight, in the meantime don't forget to enter the giveaway!

17 comments:

punky said...

I love the Navajo, but im afraid everyone will have it.

BARGAIN BEX said...

that tulip coat is beautiful beyond words ... it's a shame that my teeny tiny wallet's budget can't afford it, but it sure is purdy to look at ...

bex.

Looks and Books said...

I need a new coat as well--i also have a threadbare H&M number I've had for years! I love the plum carcoat. Very simple and looks warm.

cosmic visions said...

i covet that hairy tulip coat. in a big BIG way

MrJeffery said...

love the 3rd coat on the top row!

miss teacups. said...

loooove the last modcloth one and i think it's very you!!

A Little Brighter said...

These coats are so dreamy! :D I have a (now) huge coat collection... i'm a little obsessed and they are all from thrift stores! Have you thought about checking there first? they are so cheap and unique!

Ayesha x

Kellie W. said...

Topshop has such nice coats. I'd really like one of their swing coats, but they're so expensive! I did get a new basic black peacoat for this winter, though!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Traveller said...

I have that hairy tuplip coat saved on my computer too, unlabelled, and couldn't remember where it was from! Like you, I should have bought a coat before I needed one, but I ended up buying two this year... luckily one was a gift. Good luck with your hunting, looking forward to seeing what you end up with!

Kennedy said...

i can totally see you in that topshop coat with the shearling!

Chaucee said...

These are GREAT picks!

upatreecupatea said...

loving that LLBean plum coat.
I want it!

Rhitbee said...

I love that brown tulip coat! You've picked out some great ones.

I have a few too many winter coats of my own and also in the shop so I probably won't be buying one this year even though so many of them are striking my fancy!

Happy coat hunting.

xo Robyn

sarah said...

I love the topshop jacket too. It's so hard to find a nice winter coat. Well, if you're lucky modcloth may see your wish list and give it to you for free ;)

D'Andra said...

I'm liking the tulip coat. I'm currently craving a coat from J.crew.

The Rudstroms said...

I vote for the tulip skirt coat. It's the one that looks the most like you. Unfortunately, it's the most expensive but those sort of things last for years.

Enjoy reading your blog, keep up the good work and good luck on wedding planning.

~AnnMarie

Erica said...

I love your love of LL Bean!

I've been on the hunt for the most perfect princess coat complete with hood.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!