Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mini Weekend Spotlight


I love being able to represent some local sponsors this month, FigKnitting is based out of Worcester which is about 45 minutes west of me. Jamie and I met at the most recent Swap, and I love her sweet, hand-knit hats and headbands. November in New England is temperamental, one day it's 60 degrees, and the next it's in the 30's, so having something with you to bundle up with is important! Click here to check out her shop, and don't forget to enter the giveaway for your chance to win a warm and cozy headband of your own!


Mister Nutter is another local sponsor, straight out of Beverly. He makes beautifully crafted cycling caps out of vintage and recycled fabric, I'm thinking this camel hat would be perfect for late-fall.

7 comments:

Natalya's Closet said...

These had are so chic, love em! XOXO, http://www.NatalyasCloset.com

Anonymous said...

I haven't counted, but there have been so many sponsor posts of late. Even though the products appear to be great and are interesting, its slightly off putting.

Orchid Grey said...

Anonymous, I'm sorry you feel that way. I post about my sponsors on the weekends, which is a time I don't post any style or personal posts ( I've never made a habit of posting personal stuff on the weekends). and a time where I feel I'm not throwing sponsors in peoples faces because there is less traffic. a lot of blogs do this, and I think it's a happy medium that allows me to work with my business partnerships while not inundating readers with ads monday through friday, when they're most likely to be reading.

I do post giveaways during the week which I think are a nice way for readers to get involved, as well as "I'd Wear That" style posts, which aren't sponsored and just a collection of items that I like that I want to share with my readers.

I hope you'll keep reading, and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have on my formspring or in an email.

jesse.anne.o said...

I'm confused about your sponsor! How are they 100% wool and linen but...vegan? Wool isn't vegan.

evegloria said...

up until recently my hats were made of 100 percent upcycled materials
which is why I called it vegan. I understand not everyone considers upcycled wool to be vegan and sorry if there was any confusion. Actually I have recently started including new wool in some of my hats and have been meaning to change that banner ad.

matt

Orchid Grey said...

Hey Jesse and Matt, changed the image to showcase the product!

xo
Julie

jesse.anne.o said...

Thanks for addressing, Matt...and also Julie too!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!