Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Speaking in tongues

Part two in our New Hampshire weekend extravaganza!
Isn't the Russell-Colbath house pretty? It was built in the early 1800's and belonged to my friend's ancestor.
Polka-Dot top: Thrifted ($4)
Chiffon Top: Swapped
Skirt: Thrifted ($2)
Shoes: UO ($28)
Belt: from Punky
Sunglasses: from co-worker
Bracelet: Swapped
Cape: AA
The weather on Saturday was almost perfect for a wedding: sunny, bright, and freezing. October has most certainly arrived! As I drove up the Kancamagus on my way to my friend's wedding, I could see leaves whipping across the road and the thermometer in my car drop degree by degree as I winded further into the mountains. When I left my mom's house in Maine it was 50 degrees F and when I got to the wedding site it was 40 degrees F, so cold!

While some may think wearing black to a wedding is faux-pas, I was glad I did for one specific reason: it soaked in the sun! I did make sure to layer, knowing chiffon isn't exactly weather proof. I've been waiting to photograph both of these shirts for the right outfit. The chiffon top I scored a couple of weeks ago at the Swap, and the polka-dot top I found at a thrift store in New Hampshire. I really loved how the chartreuse popped against the polkadots! I kept my accessories to a minimum: a purple bracelet (also swapped), and gold belt. The sunglasses weren't planned, but I'm glad I found them in my car because it was so incredibly sunny!

The wedding was very nice, and the bride and groom were kind enough to provide hot chocolate for everyone after the ceremony. It made me realize I've barely been thinking about my own wedding, which- if all goes as planned- is less than a year away. Would you be interested in a weekly wedding post? Just inspiration and such. I'm realizing that the task of planning a wedding is easily overwhelming, and just as easily pushed aside!