Friday, October 29, 2010

Sounds good, but I still don't know

Wedding Thursday posts will be back next week...
Top to bottom:
Sweater: LOFT via swap
Shirt: Hand-me-down from friend
Spotted and Noted Shorts: c/o ModCloth
Shoes: Vintage via Flea Market
Bag: vintage thrifted
Necklace: c/o Dolly & Boy
Wow, it's been such a crazy week, I took these photos last weekend and haven't had time to post them until now. I wore this last weekend thrift shopping with Chris, it wasn't the most successful trip, but I felt like dressing up. Since I have to wear specific things during the work week, I feel like my weekend outfits have been getting more elaborate. When I worked in an office, the weekends were a welcome respite and chance to just hang out in jeans and a t-shirt, but now I want to take advantage of the closet that doesn't get used during the week. Fall being perfect layering weather doesn't hurt either.

When i last wore these shorts, it was about 98 degrees and July, and all I could think about was wearing them with tights! I love how they look too, layered with a cardigan, vest, and button-up. This vest isn't something I would normally wear outside of my job, but it adds a nice buffer between the cardigan and shirt, which are similar tones, and brings in the blue of the tights and shorts. Plus, I like the little pin dots.
Are you excited for Halloween? I still don't know what I'm being! Last year Chris and I very hastily came up with Wayne and Garth costumes, and we've had some great ideas this year but little time to put anything together. Well, I guess it will be a surprise! Do you have a costume planned?

Have a great weekend!