Monday, October 25, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Yesterday was glorious. Sunday is my favorite day of the week, but somehow Sundays in Fall and Winter beat them all. I love the quiet of waking up to cloudy skies and cold weather, making my coffee, and snuggling with my cats.
Top to bottom:
Hat: Chris's from Urban Outfitters
Silver Foil Sweatshirt: J.Crew Factory
Black Denim Leggings: J.Crew Sale
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell sale
Bag: Botkier from clothing swap
After having a fair share of dressy weekends as of late, I decided to go for comfort yesterday, and what's more comfortable than jeans and a sweatshirt? Of course these are no ordinary jeans and this is no ordinary sweatshirt. I bought this silver-foil sweatshirt this past summer, knowing that it would be perfect for fall and the holidays. Yesterday I wore it inside out so that just the cuffs were silver, but pretty soon I'll switch it around, showing just how metallic it is. It was a complete impulse buy but I do really love it. The black denim leggings were a bit impulsive too, bought this weekend during an ill-advised trip to the mall (don't go shopping when you've no money to spend). But I did need a new pair. And I love them. I haven't been shopping in forever, and stepping into J.Crew I was reminded of how I wish I could be dressing for work, the clothes are so beautiful!

Aaaand one of my best swap finds to date: this black leather Botkier bag. I grabbed it because I needed a new black bag and one that was big enough to stuff the necessities of my commute each day. It just so happened that I grabbed a fancy black bag!
I'm greeting Monday with a twinge of pessimism, I don't want to go back to work! I'm already planning another lazy weekend and I still have five days to go.

Did you have a good weekend?

22 comments:

samantha. said...

love that jazzy outfit! i hear you on wishing it were still the weekend!!!! and, totally envious of that fabulous swap find!

xo
sami

Simply Style by veronika said...

Adore this outfit - so fab. xx veronika

herbaloo said...

Hey Lady,
Nice to see you in the Bevz! Love your creepers, thanks for keeping them in style. Added you to the friends of Herbaloo links. Much Love, JLOO

and since you asked, yes. i had a nice weekend ;)

Lauren said...

Great, comfy stylish outfit! I love the touch of whimsy the hat brings to the outfit. I also love the turquoise backgrounds that you found to take pictures as well!

And amen - can we fast forward to another weekend already??

Small Time Style

Charlie said...

love the outfit, so relaxed and yet so stylish. perfect sunday outfit! gorgeous bag :)

Fancy Pants said...

So 'simply' lovely. Laid back chic! You're rockin the hat and kicks. Love it.

The ill-advised shopping trip is definitely my greatest nemesis as well. sigh.

--Katie

Selected Treasures said...

I have to say I'm really liking the oxfords!
www.selectedtreasures.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

love this outfit! simple and classy, yet still stylish! oh the weekend...why does it have to be monday????

Tandlerin said...

If i were a boy, i would definately have a crush on you!

Sidewalk Chalk said...

Ooh, love your take on casual sweatshirt-jeans days. Nice idea on turning the sweatshirt inside out. I love the location of your photos too!

JoAnn
Sidewalk Chalk

Punky said...

GIVE ME THAT BAG!
Still mad i missed it!

Diana, Songs and Fairy Tales said...

What a great idea to wear that shirt like this - the silver cuffs make this relaxed look more sophisticated.

Love, Diana

Emily, Ruby Slipper Traveller said...

My weekend was not even remotely lazy... but I know exactly the type you mean, and I love them! Also, I generally hate leggings, but I've got to say that those look awesome on you!

Cella Babee said...

You are so right... Sundays have always been my favorite and the chilly weather makes them more so! My weekend starts Thursday night, though, so I only have 3 more days to get through!

BlueVanilla said...

Im digging you casual outfit...love those shoes! Photos are super cute!
xx
http://hotpinkday.blogspot.com/

Darcy Ann said...

very cute! i havent seen anyone in creepers in years. my little sister took tap lessons at mitchell's dance back when he was still alive. showing my age...

Angie D said...

What an AMAZING swap find!!!

I LOVE this look :) I can't wait to see the other side of your sweatshirt ;)

Future Lint said...

This whole look is intimidatingly cool!

lonerandrebel said...

super cute! love it!

xoxo Rach
lonerandrebel.wordpress.com

Terri said...

the sweatshirt looks like a real find. The shoes are interesting too.

Landel said...

I think I'm falling for you. . what a lazy sunday! you're gorgeous chick. Your outfit looks comfy and wearable=)
my blog, free stylish heels

Natalya's Closet said...

I LOVE this look, great shoes and hat. XOXO, Natalya's Closet

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!