Friday, October 22, 2010

In her kiss, the revolution

Top to bottom:
Hat: Chris' vintage
Sweater: Thrifted vintage
Shirt: Thrifted vintage
Belt: American Apparel
Skirt: Cali Select vintage
Tights: TjMaxx
Shoes: Thrifted
Bag: Thrifted D&B
Large, oversized sweaters have been a wardrobe staple of mine lately. I love the big knit trend that seems to re-surface every year (I would argue it's less of a trend here than a necessity), and love it even more when I can find a big knit sweater at the thrift store. I found this beauty last Saturday when Chris and I went to Savers. It was surprisingly the only article of clothing I walked away with, but I love it so much. I'm still searching for the perfect coat for this year, so in the meantime these big sweaters easily take the place of a traditional jacket.

This has been kind of a uniform for me lately, neutrals and layers. It's the perfect look for fall because as the day gets warmer, you can just take off a layer. As I unpacked my winter wardrobe last weekend, I've realized that my vintage skirt stash needs replenishing. I can't go on wearing the same wool camel skirt, no matter how fabulous, because I'll simply wear it out. I think another thrift shopping excursion is in the books for this weekend, then!

It's kind of amazing, I never realized that my town actually does experience a little bit of fall. The past three years I've been traveling so much that fall seems to whiz by unnoticed and I always said that the leaves seem to just shrivel up and fall off, but this year is different. Since I'm no longer an admissions counselor (thank god) and running around like crazy, I can actually stop and see that the trees are kind of beautiful around here!
Do you have anything fun planned for this weekend? Chris and I are- yet again- looking forward to staying home. We've been working so much lately that I feel like I haven't seen my apartment in ages, even though I'm here right now. I think thrift shopping is the perfect activity for this weekend, don't you agree?

Happy Friday!!!!