Monday, September 20, 2010

Todd Farm Sunday

Well, I'll admit to being a little bit of a liar when it comes to this past weekend: Chris and I unfortunately didn't make it to Worcester for stART on Sunday. Which was a bummer. September has been a particularly lean month for us, so we decided to keep things close to home (and cheap) and wander the local flea market, Todd Farm. I love TF, especially in the fall, the air is crisp and it's wonderful wandering around with a hot coffee looking at the things people are selling. I, of course saw about a million things I would have loved to take home with me, but we kept it cheap and just took photos. So, no outfit photos to share today, but lots of colorful pictures:

After the flea market we stopped by Russell Orchards, where we hastily sipped cider and made a quick exit from the crowd, which was a little too young for us. I enjoyed a Sunday nap and finished the day by making the best cheese crust apple pie, ever. Lately we've been having the best Sunday's ever.

I'll have an outfit post tomorrow for you, plus a new hair-do how-to post on Wednesday! How was your weekend?

23 comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

I love the stripping instructions book. Nice.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Traveller said...

Sometimes it's almost better having no money, you can appreciate things without needing to buy them! Looks like a good flea market and the stripping record is of course hilarious!

Giveaway at Ruby Slipper Journeys

Brianna said...

I love all the vintage things, especially the Barbies :)

Mel said...

Love your pics. What a great flea market, like the barbie cases ;)

xo, Mel

http://mel-lifesalabyrinth.blogspot.com/

Blackbird Fly said...

I know what you mean, I adore flea markets, farmers markets...any type of market. Especially in the fall time. There is just such an asthetic to it. Love it. Glad you had a good time. I give you majoe credit for not buying anything, because I'm not sure I could have been so strong willed myself!

XXXX
-Morgan (Blackbird Fly)
Blackbird Fly

wroughtironstyle said...

Great photos--thanks for sharing! Sometimes the OTHER stuff at at flea market is just as cool or cooler than the clothes, no?

Ashlee said...

i need to get myself to a flea market soon...

sounds like a perfect sunday!

Terri said...

my husband and I do this too--turn window shopping into photo expeditions. The price is right!

Leigh Fountain said...

I've been having lovely Sundays lately as well. Can't wait to see that hair how-to!!

jen said...

'how to strip for your husband' the basic wife guide book...love it. so cute!

Martha said...

I adore Moxie, and wish I could find an old bottle!

Bianca said...

Great snaps! I love the vintage soda bottles!

Sydney, The Rabbit-Hearted Girl said...

this looks like such a great place, i love those vintage bottles!

barefootandvintage said...

how to strip for your husband...love it! thanks for sharing these photos. :)

Lexie, Little Boat said...

maybe you should have taken home that how to strip for your husband book -- since you're gettin hitched and all! ;)

Len David said...

I love vintage anythings!

kelly ann said...

LOVE the photos of the bottles!!

MissAlyssa said...

your sunday sounds lovely! my new favorite thing is sunday naps for sure! i love the flea market... cute photos

Becca Jane said...

I love puttering around flea markets - so the perfect sunday afternoon activity

Erica said...

I need to get in the car right now and drive over to TF! I've added it to my mile long to do list! It looks like so much fun!

Bridget said...

i live right by todd farm and russell orchards! fun "meeting" a blogger in the same area.

wishful nals said...

looks so fun. i love cider. mmmm!

evegloria said...

Sigh. Todd Farm, Matt wants to go every week but our house cant fit any more stuff! Maybe you dress like Maude but we decorate like her :)
Anyway you have inspired me to go just to look. I can do it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!