Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Leather and Grace

Sweater: American Apparel
Shorts: Forever 21 ($15)
Fish Spine Earrings: c/o Noble Town Vintage on loan
Ballet Flats: Gap ($34)
We are experiencing the most intense thunderstorm right now, it's crazy! That was something I really missed about this particular summer: it seemed nearly devoid of thunderstorms. Now that the weather is getting cooler, I've really been enjoying the elements of my wardrobe that are in between Summer and Fall, like these "leather" shorts from F21. I've been searching for a pair of shorts like these forever, inspired by this video of John Lenon and Yoko Ono. Towards the end of the video, she's wearing leather mini-shorts and a big white fur coat, it's amazing!

Aren't these earrings incredible? I haven't been an earring person lately, but these are forcing me to reconsider. Sarah from Noble Town Vintage sent them over for me to style and I'm going to have the hardest time parting with them! But, keep them on your radar because they'll be making a second, special appearance later today!
Thank you to everyone who left me such supportive comments about my new job, I really like it so far! It's been difficult making the adjustment to working full-time again and blogging too, but I think everything will work itself out. I know a few of you had questions about what it is I actually do, and I think I'm going to be doing a separate post about that soon!

Stay tuned for a surprise later today!

26 comments:

briannelee said...

I love this outfit! The top and shorts are awesome :)

Jennifer said...

Hey! You look fabulous!! Love that texture of that sweater. Hope your new job is going good. Can't wait to get together some time soon.
-jlk

amber said...

i seriously love this outfit! i would steal the whole thing if i could ;)

♥Lola said...

I adore that AA jumper, it's so pretty! I almost bought it and convinced myself I don't need it. Is it light weight? Maybe I can get away with it in Spring....tempted :)

phoebe said...

amazing outfit! x

genevieve, sandbox romance said...

I'm glad your job is working out! Hopefully once you get more in the swing of things managing that and a blog becomes a lot easier. Love love love the mix of fierce leather shorts and awesome, bad ass accessories with the utterly girly top! What fun.

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Gorgeous! I love the combo of leather and soft roses. Congrats on the new job- it sounds like loads of fun (and like it'll keep you very busy)!

Archives said...

i LOVE this outfit!!! the edgy shorts paired with the feminine lace top - amazing! so cute.

lonerandrebel said...

I LOVE this! what a great outfit.

xoxo Rachel lonerandrebel.wordpress.com

cosmic visions said...

I love this look - the entire thing is fabulous. bravo!

Future Lint said...

Love the contrast between the ruffly shirt and the leather shorts!

Half Dressed said...

Your top is gorgeous, and I love how you paired it with the leather shorts! Great outfit :)

L x

Alli XT said...

Love love love this outfit! Buffalo Exchange had these same pleather shorts awhile back and I was trying to justify purchasing them. The black version of the top is my current favorite item in the AA shop in Harvard. You look amazing!

Alli XT said...

Love love love this outfit! Buffalo Exchange had these same pleather shorts awhile back and I was trying to justify purchasing them. The black version of the top is my current favorite item in the AA shop in Harvard. You look amazing!

Brianna said...

Love the mix of leather with something feminine and girly.

http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

This outfit is HOT, (I accidentally typed hotfit first, lol!)but I it sucks because I hate loving stuff that comes from F21&AA...but it is just really hot, esp. the top, really eye chatching.
~Ruby
http://wroughtironstyle.wordpress.com/ (*We have two GIVEAWAYS going on right now on WroughtIron*)

Emily Jean said...

love your sweater! and it looks super cute with those shorts!

http://www.informalthing.blogspot.com

BlueVanilla said...

You rock that sweater! The earring are SUPER cute!!
xx

http://hotpinkday.blogspot.com/

Irene Villora Esteve. said...

I'm in love with your top
Great blog, I'm following you!

http://ivillorathesatindoll.blogspot.com

Marché Noir. said...

Amazing look.
Perfect blouse and details.

Carolina.

bellisimama said...

congrats on your job...i am interested in your thoughts on working for Don Charney, as i have heard some incredibly disturbing things he has said about women as well as heard some stuff he is accused of doing that i find disturbing as well. i don't really know a lot about it, but i am very curious what you think.

kelly ann said...

you look absolutely gorgeous, dear! seriously, just stunning.

ShoesForDessert said...

Loveee that blouse! Loveee those pants!

Ana - Toil and Trouble said...

Congratulations on the new job, it sounds very interesting from the title! Welcome to the wonderful world of regular commuting on the Newburyport/Rockport line.

April said...

holy crap that top! gorgeous, especially with leather!
and i agree, i'm completely loving this between-summer-and-fall weather, you can wear anything and you won't freeze or melt!

ape-z.blogspot.com

Becca Jane said...

I've been eyeing that top at American apparel for ages - it looks fab on you

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!