Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Leather and Grace

Sweater: American Apparel
Shorts: Forever 21 ($15)
Fish Spine Earrings: c/o Noble Town Vintage on loan
Ballet Flats: Gap ($34)
We are experiencing the most intense thunderstorm right now, it's crazy! That was something I really missed about this particular summer: it seemed nearly devoid of thunderstorms. Now that the weather is getting cooler, I've really been enjoying the elements of my wardrobe that are in between Summer and Fall, like these "leather" shorts from F21. I've been searching for a pair of shorts like these forever, inspired by this video of John Lenon and Yoko Ono. Towards the end of the video, she's wearing leather mini-shorts and a big white fur coat, it's amazing!

Aren't these earrings incredible? I haven't been an earring person lately, but these are forcing me to reconsider. Sarah from Noble Town Vintage sent them over for me to style and I'm going to have the hardest time parting with them! But, keep them on your radar because they'll be making a second, special appearance later today!
Thank you to everyone who left me such supportive comments about my new job, I really like it so far! It's been difficult making the adjustment to working full-time again and blogging too, but I think everything will work itself out. I know a few of you had questions about what it is I actually do, and I think I'm going to be doing a separate post about that soon!

Stay tuned for a surprise later today!