Monday, August 16, 2010

A Classic

The only images i managed to get of my weekend:
Shirt: J.Crew outlet ($40)
Suede Skirt: Thrifted ($2)
Shoes: Vintage from Flea Market ($10)
Necklace: J.Crew sale ($30)
Belt: Vintage (from mom)
Sunnies: UO ($10)
Camera: Canon AE-1 (Mom's)
I always enter each weekend with the good intention of taking more style photos, but always end up with maybe one set of outfit photos. Usually something gets in the way, typically the weather. This past weekend Fall was in the air! The weather was beautiful, but there was a little bite to the air that told you it's not far off. Chris and I had some errands to run, so I took advantage of the situation to get dressed up. My opportunities for dressing up have been few and far between lately, since I'm mostly working from home my uniform during the day is usually jeans and a t-shirt.

For this outfit, I was inspired by the buttoned-up collars seen this past season in the MiuMiu look-book. This is of course extremely more casual, but you get the idea. The camera is actually not an accessory, I shoot a lot with my mom's old Canon AE-1, which is of course a classic. For the longest time, there was a light leak where the cartridge sits but Chris fixed it by sliding one of the rubber washers from his old plugs around it. It fit! I have about six rolls right now waiting to be developed, once I get them back I'll post some!

I also am sporting some new sunglasses. Sadly, my favorite Fred Flare Carrie's were squished by Chris a few weeks ago, I picked these up when we were in Boston last week. They're much smaller, and I'm still not convinced, I miss my Carrie's! I think I'm going to have to order a new pair.
I've had these shoes for awhile now, but never seem to be able to get shots of them. I bought these back in May at a local flea market brand new but vintage. They are the perfect oxfords, I can't wait to wear them with ankle socks as soon as the weather is cool enough! Chris and I went to the same flea market on Sunday and found some awesome things for the wedding, which I'll be posting later this week!

I also have a long overdue shop update planned for this week. I finally bought some more mailers and did another closet clean out! Stay tuned!

Did you have a nice weekend?

33 comments:

cb said...

great outfit...like the title of the post ...a great classic!
i had a great weekend! some great an amazing day at a japanese garden with the hubby and an awesome estate sale! i can't wait to share with everyone!!

we have a canon too, probably one the misters favorite to use..it take beautiful pictures!

xo,
cb
www.thecitybirdsnest.blogspot.com

dear kate said...

you look great! fabulous look!
katie

Juliet said...

I love it!
amazing shoes!
I really like the blouse!
xxx darling!

Rio said...

Love the skirt and definitely the oxfords too! :) Bummer about the sunglasses, but those look pretty cute!
(http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

Half Dressed said...

Great outfit! And I love those shoes.

L x
Half Dressed

...One Girl said...

Perfect shoes! I found a pair I kind of liked on Etsy but they are a little too casual at times. These are great. I will continue to hunt!

Chaucee said...

Totally love the way you tied and tucked the belt. So cute!

Chandler said...

I have my fathers Canon AE-1. I love it so much! These photos are great btw. That blouse just goes so great with your style.

The Owl's Closet said...

love ur outfit! oh my, those oxfords are awesome! i'm on the hunt for a pair and i'm really loving urs!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Santina said...

I love this casual yet polished look. Those oxfords are perfect! I can't believe you scored them at a flea market. I also really like your necklace - I almost snagged it from J. Crew myself!

Santina
http://stylebysantina.blogspot.com/

Little Ocean Annie said...

Those ARE the perfect oxfords! I am kicking myself for selling a pair just like those, in my size, a couple of months ago.
I'd love to see some of your film pictures! Maybe you can share them sometime?

Kate said...

I love this outfit, so classic & preppy! I love the belt & those shoes were such a great find!

Kate Maggie said...

Oh my goodness, you look great. I love every little detail about this outfit especially your necklace! Those shoes are fantastic too. Ah, what a babe you are Miss Orchid Grey!

Eunice said...

oh gosh I am in love with your shoes! looks fantastic!



heyfancypants.blogspot.com

sweetdisposition said...

love the necklace over the collared shirt and the brown accessories are perfect. :]

glad you snagged these shots.

number the first said...

I love that you still use that old camera. Theres something so charming about it :)

ShoesForDessert said...

It's such a simple thought, but I just loveeee the glamorous necklace worn over the button up. Great look!

*rachelwears said...

you are so effortlessly elegant and chic, this look is gorgeous x

Midwest Mayhem said...

I really love this classic look. Even though it's really clean-cut, it has a very natural and eased feel to it.

briannelee said...

I am sad I missed the cooler weather around here. It seems like I can't escape the humidity!

Love the outfit. The shoes were a great find :)

The Village Idiot said...

love the jewels against the simple chambray

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

love the way you've styled the necklace.

Tami said...

Ilove love loveyour shoes oh so much! FABULOUS BLOG!
I'll follow. :)
I actually made my own fashion blog about 1 and a 1/2 week about and i was wondering if you could check it out when you have time. Thanks!

tamijam.blogspot.com

Kelly Valentine said...

Great outfit! It's preppy without being stuffy...

xxo Kelly
Glamourous Spirit

Mandyy said...

beautiful outfit :) I love the shoes. xoxo <3

kelly ann said...

j.crew necklace!!! aahh, so gorgeous. they always have the prettiest jewelry.

.Alyspank said...

Ooo! I love those shoes- especially the design and the fact that they have a pointier toe!

Do you have any intentions on doing any wedding posts with your ideas or plans? I think that'd be so neat!

-Weezy from http://beautysimplistic.blogspot.com

Awkward Socialite said...

cute shoes!

Danielle said...

Those shoes are absolutely adorable!

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Love this outfit. I also just have eternal love for images that feature cameras...

hannah said...

definitely classic! this is why i love autumn!

Elaine said...

Love it! It looks very J.Crew.

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

chelsea lee aka spicklebee said...

great outfit, I'm loving the shoes!

I recently snagged my mom's old camera and I can't wait to do a few fixes and snap some shots!

thanks for sharing this!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!