Monday, August 16, 2010

A Classic

The only images i managed to get of my weekend:
Shirt: J.Crew outlet ($40)
Suede Skirt: Thrifted ($2)
Shoes: Vintage from Flea Market ($10)
Necklace: J.Crew sale ($30)
Belt: Vintage (from mom)
Sunnies: UO ($10)
Camera: Canon AE-1 (Mom's)
I always enter each weekend with the good intention of taking more style photos, but always end up with maybe one set of outfit photos. Usually something gets in the way, typically the weather. This past weekend Fall was in the air! The weather was beautiful, but there was a little bite to the air that told you it's not far off. Chris and I had some errands to run, so I took advantage of the situation to get dressed up. My opportunities for dressing up have been few and far between lately, since I'm mostly working from home my uniform during the day is usually jeans and a t-shirt.

For this outfit, I was inspired by the buttoned-up collars seen this past season in the MiuMiu look-book. This is of course extremely more casual, but you get the idea. The camera is actually not an accessory, I shoot a lot with my mom's old Canon AE-1, which is of course a classic. For the longest time, there was a light leak where the cartridge sits but Chris fixed it by sliding one of the rubber washers from his old plugs around it. It fit! I have about six rolls right now waiting to be developed, once I get them back I'll post some!

I also am sporting some new sunglasses. Sadly, my favorite Fred Flare Carrie's were squished by Chris a few weeks ago, I picked these up when we were in Boston last week. They're much smaller, and I'm still not convinced, I miss my Carrie's! I think I'm going to have to order a new pair.
I've had these shoes for awhile now, but never seem to be able to get shots of them. I bought these back in May at a local flea market brand new but vintage. They are the perfect oxfords, I can't wait to wear them with ankle socks as soon as the weather is cool enough! Chris and I went to the same flea market on Sunday and found some awesome things for the wedding, which I'll be posting later this week!

I also have a long overdue shop update planned for this week. I finally bought some more mailers and did another closet clean out! Stay tuned!

Did you have a nice weekend?