Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Black Burning Heart

Dress: H&M ($12)
Sandals: c/0 PacSun
Studded Cuff: bought in high school
Silver bracelets: Antique/oldoldold
Goodbye and good riddance, August! Today has been one of THE hottest days ever and I have to say, I'm over summer. Over. It. I'm also not afraid to say that I've been rocking this Morticia-Addams-on-summer-vacation look for the past three days. It's the only thing suitable for 100*f heat. I've noticed that New Englanders get a little rough around the edges this time of year, we've experienced a little bit of fall and are now being subjected to an indian summer, we've exhausted our summer wardrobes and are pining for sweaters and tights, just give us 65 degrees already!

This look is kind of faux-styled: just a dress, but pile on enough hardware and you look like you might know what you're doing! I've had this studded leather cuff since sophomore year of high school. A few years back I passed down most of my band t-shirts and studded jewelry to my brother, but I couldn't part with this piece. It aged so well, I knew I would want it in the future.
I can already tell you that posting will be light this week, we're expecting three more 90+ degree days before it cools down this weekend and I'm planning on hiding out wherever there is air-conditioning. I'm also insisting on not cooking, it's take-out tonight!

Oh! also, look what we found out front of Chris' work today:
I've never seen a Praying Mantis in real life before! This one was huge, I'm thinking it must have been female? She was hanging out on the windowsill this morning, admiring her reflection.