Friday, August 6, 2010

Autumn Dreaming


With the recent string of 90 degree scorchers, all I find myself dreaming about these days are the crisp days of Autumn. Fall is my favorite season in New England, and I'm especially looking forward to it this year because I will actually be able to slow down and enjoy it, no more crazy travel life for the school! I can't wait to go apple picking, go to the fair in Maine, bake pies, and maybe take a drive through the White Mountains of New Hampshire; all things I grew up doing that remain as some of my favorite activities now.

I'm also finding myself fixated on all of the pre-fall items my favorite online shops are beginning to receive. My summer dresses are all but exhausted, my cut offs look tired, I can't wait to layer! I put together this Autumn-esque ensemble with that in mind, it's a celebration of the colors of Fall: deep plums, reds, oranges, greys, and golds.

What are you excited for this Fall?