Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August Sponsor Spotlight: A few of my favorite things

I know I say this every month, but can you believe it's August? Next month is September, that's crazy! This month I welcomed back Spotted Moth, ModCloth, and Kdikio Vintage as sponsors and I thought I would share with you some of my favorite things they have to offer!
First up we have Spotted Moth, I love their accessories! I think the Pedal Pusher Necklace would be a great alternative to a traditional watch, one that you can wear around your neck instead of your wrist! I am in complete LOVE with the Carpenter Bee Bag, as a girl who regularly carries her entire life and then some around in her bag the size is perfect, plus it's a totally affordable alternative to the rad Alexander Wang bags of last season. I think the Measure of Love Necklace is just so sweet, this would be a great way to show off a love of sewing or crafting. Also, through August 25th Spotted Moth is offering Orchid Grey readers 15% off with the code "ORCHID GREY"!
Next up we have ModCloth, oh la la! The Force of Nature Boot was only posted hours ago, but they remind me so much of a pair of velvet boots I had as a child, they won my heart immediately. I'll admit that Autumn has been much on my mind lately, don't you think the Sovereign Style Coat would be the perfect coat to bring you into the colder months? And I don't usually post books on here, but Jeffrey Brown's illustrations absolutely kill me. As an owner of two very weird cats, I love his book Cats Are Weird which depicts his own strange feline, this is also going right into my shopping cart! (my cat, Zephyr, looks- and acts- just like his little striped cat, and the "Absorbent Kittens" spread happens on a daily basis around here).
Kdikio Vintage has one of the most unique vintage jewelry collections I've seen yet, she really has a knack for finding cool stuff. I love the Cascades of Gold earrings, somehow they manage to be both totally 90's and tribal at the same time. The Dent Clench bracelet would fit right in among all my silver antique bracelets, I love it's simplicity! And finally those Buffalo Earrings? Perfection!

Stay tuned for an outfit post later this evening!

5 comments:

style'n said...

that handbag is adorable! will check out these sites...
naina

Under Urooba's Umbrella! said...

Oh my goodness,
I can't take my brown eyes off that LOVELY, RAVISHING coat. Yumma yumma.

MissKellie said...

Those velvet boots are amazing!! Modcloth carries such great things!

mvelis said...

Great deal at Spotted Moth.
I just bought a bag!!

Jen said...

I love that coat and the bracelet! I never take off my silver bangles, and I'm always on the lookout for more. I'll have to check out that site!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!