Thursday, July 1, 2010

Polka-Dots Day 2

I am literally running out the door as I type this!
Top: Thrifted ($3)
Shorts: Thrifted ($5)
Belt: Thrifted ($2)
Bag: Thrifted ($10)
Sandals: c/o Pac Sun Spring Break Crew
Necklace: c/o Dolly & Boy
This has seriously got to be the quickest post ever, today has been so crazy! I had an interview early early this morning which has thrown me off for the entire day, I think it went well but I'm keeping my mouth closed until I know anything definite. We'll see! I'm excited! Anyways, the past couple of days have been so gorgeous, the weather has been perfect. Finally, because before yesterday and today it was unbearable.

This outfit kept me nice and cool though, linen (my shorts) and silk (my top) are two of the breeziest fabrics and two of my favorites. I threw this on before heading out to pick up Chris from work and right after a grueling strength training session, I'm glad I decided to look presentable too because there was a last minute stop at the mall to look for interview outfits (fail).
Chris and I are headed up to my mom's house in Maine tonight for the holiday weekend, I can't wait! Ok, I'm off, but remember that there is still time to enter to win a necklace from Dolly and Boy (i'm wearing my favorite above)!

Also, I have cautiously opened a Formspring, we'll see how it goes. If you have a question for me, you can type it in the box in the left side bar!

Ok, now I'm really leaving...

30 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

seriously adorable!

cb said...

love the outfit! have a great weekend and good luck with the interview! i am sure you were amazing!

Melanie said...

This outfit is lovely! Your shorts are so cute.

Remember to enter for your chance to win a Two Strap Belt from Sway!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads

tess said...

the perfect summer outfit

Mara said...

oh I love that top! So pretty! Have a fun holiday weekend!!

Kallie said...

Did you alter the shorts? they look insanely awesome on you. have a wonderful holiday! :)

Becca said...

You look lovely my dear. I hope the interview went well and that you enjoy your holiday weekend!

Another's Treasure said...

I love all your thrifted finds :) That purse is perfect for summer!

Amanda
isanotherstreasure.blogspot.com

Niki said...

Amazing outfit! I love the bag! Great blog =)

Indigo said...

I love your polka dots!

Dip-tea said...

All the best with the interview. Hope you get through!

I love the close up shot of the locket and belt buckle. I love how the pleats on the shorts look, I missed that on your full length picture.

Much love,
Deepti

Carina said...

love the colours of your outfit

good luck with your interview!

Lianne said...

love the combination! so effortlessly chic and looks really comfy :)

leethroughthelens.blogspot.com

Clare said...

Whew! Sounds like a busy, though probably somewhat satisfying, day. :)

And I just adore the outfit! The polka dots and the necklace are fantastic!

Lara said...

OH geez, I HATE strength training! My trainer always makes me do them in my legs (I am a ballerina) and in my back. I loathe anything in the arms. hello! Dancers do not have 'guns'. Trainer seems to think that statement is funny though. :)

I hope all went well on the interview! I don't really know what you interviewed for but I am sure you did well. I am sending good vibes your way!

Lauren said...

Congrats on the interview! Love your easy, breezy take on Americana and that necklace is awesome!

Small Time Style

Meggstatus said...

Red blue and white never fail to impress me when paired together. Maybe it's my subconscious encouraging me to be a patriot.

Lemondrop Marie said...

Love your red white and blue outfit, the polka dots are sweet! Happy fourth,

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Purseapalooza giveaway

Heather Lynn said...

I love this outfit. Pretty much adore everything you wear. Hope you get the job =)

Sidewalk Chalk said...

You are so pretty! I love this patriotic outfit. The polka dots are adorable.

Chloe, Butterfly Cupcakes said...

Cute outfit, the polka dot top goes so well with those adorable shorts. Goodluck with the interview.

Emalise said...

Polka dots are the way to go! So classy but so fun!

Swalvs said...

Your outfit looks so good for summer! Loved that! And I'm really curious about all that going on! :)

Kathryn said...

If you are still looking for interview/officey outfits ZARA should be having their summer sale now or soonish and they will have tons of stock because no one near Peabody even knows what that store is or even ventures all the way down that new empty wing in the mall. (holy run-on sentence batman!)

Orchid Grey said...

Thanks Kathryn!

revital said...

you look amazing! love your long legs!

http://revi-pinkillusions.blogspot.com/

Becca Jane said...

Cute outfit! I love the polka dot top!

I hope your interview went well! :)

Lexie, Little Boat said...

those shorts fit you so well! i'd love a pair of linen shorts right now ... i bet they are so comfortable!

shakka jones said...

nice outfit!
aah! now i wanna wear my polka dot skirt (but i can't because in my suitcase and i'll leave for my vacation soon..)

zoƫ biggs said...

ohhh i love this! you look more than presentable, you look ADORABLE. i really hope that interview went well... can't wait to hear more!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!