Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July Sponsor Spotlight!

Wow, can you believe it's July already? It seems like just yesterday I was piling on the layers and freezing my ass off, now the weather this week is making it pretty hard to forget that it's summer: the thermometer in my car reached 100*f this morning! While I haven't broken down and bought an AC yet, I do have quite the network of fans blowing through my house. That being said, it's just too hot for outfit photos today, making today the perfect day to show you some of my favorite things my July sponsors have to offer this month:
Mod Cloth: ModCloth is always a favorite, their selection of dresses, skirts, and tops is perfection, like they know just what I like and post it daily! I'm completely head-over-heels for the You Got It Plaid dress, the Cherry Tomato dress, and the Touch Of Glass dress! Perfection!
Lisa Zain: Vintage Shoe Love: Lisa has a talent, a talent for finding rad vintage shoes. The shoes themselves are beautiful, but what makes her site truly irresistible is her selection of shoes that fit my feet. Her selection runs the gamut, so whether your tootsies are size 5 or size 9.5 (or size 8.5 like me), you'll be able to find the perfect pair. I'm loving the Hazelnut Pair above (my size!). I wish the totally on-trend Embroidered Skimmers would fit, but they're made for one with much daintier size 6 feet. And aren't those Red Booties amazing? You size 6 ladies are in luck!
Spotted Moth Boutique: Spotted Moth's collection of affordable clothing and accessories is perfectly curated. From necklaces to printed dresses, the selection is amazing, they even have all natural soaps (a must have for me)! The Sheet Music Blouse would look great tucked into a black, high-waisted skirt. The Darling Cardigan could easily bring you into early fall paired with a 50's style dress and heels. And I think the Kickflip Tank would be perfect for a bar-b-que paired with cut-off jeans and a straw fedora.
Kdikio Vintage: Kdikio Vintage has such an amazing selection of vintage accessories and scarves, it's hard to pick favorites! Her collection is constantly growing and evolving, and everything is photographed beautifully! Need an amazing hand-made necklace? A bad-ass lion ring? Head to her site, it's full of surprises!
My Own Little Universe: Wasn't I just talking about how much I love natural crystal/ stone jewelry? And along comes MOLU, wish granted! Seriously, I love each and every one of her pieces, the three above especially. The Smoky Quartz necklace is just the most perfect shade of grey, the large Druzy Stone ring is on target with this season's neutral trend, and I love how unique and eye-catching the sterling silver necklace with Quartz Crystal is! I've never seen anything like them!
Clothing By Mister Nutter: Mister Nutter makes "vegan anarchist hats and whatever else I can think of" and thank goodness! You may not know this, but I'm quite the bicycle aficionado, so who else would I turn to when I'm in need of a rad cycling hat made of 110 year old fabric? Mister Nutter crafts all of his hats by hand, using quality G├╝termann thread and re-purposed materials. That polka-dot hat? Made of an ill-conceived pair of pants! The Plaid Cap? A recycled wool shirt! I'm looking to grab a linen topper myself!

Stay cool!

6 comments:

fashion fletcher said...

I spend hours on Modcloth! lol Those vintage accesories look beautiful! Come visit/follow:

http://www.thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/
http://www.thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/
http://www.thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/

Diya said...

it totally hit above 100 degrees here too! ugh totally feel you on not wanting to post an outfit post. Anyway, in love with that modcloth dress on the right and all of the vintage shoes! checking out some of these stores right now... I've been looking for raw stone jewelry and still haven't found the perfect piece

http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Blue Iris Rivera said...

you read my mind sister!

www.thelittlequirks.blogspot.com

dear kate said...

oh my! that first plaid dress is great!
katie

Caitlin said...

Good luck finding an AC!
fourthstpayphone

LovelyLeigh said...

Julie!!! Oh my goodness you know about Katie from My Own Little Universe too!!! I love her! She lives in Tampa where I live! Her stuff is so great, Im going to buy a necklace from her. We are keeping it real blog wise in Tampa!! Xo! -Lovely

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!