Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Introducing the Franklin Collection: A Jess LC / Delightful Dozen Collaboration!


I am so excited to be sharing with all of you the launch of Jess LC's latest line of jewelry: The Franklin Collection. The collection is a set of five necklaces with different "intentions" embossed on them in braille. The collection was truly a collaborative effort, the intentions were submitted and voted on by her blog readers!


The decision to print each intention in Braille was so the wearer could rub the piece of jewelry throughout the day to remind themselves of their intention. The intention is also printed in the traditional English alphabet on the reverse, but I like the Braille side better, it's kind of like a secret.

In continuation of the collaborative spirit the collection holds, Jess enlisted the Delightful Dozen to style the lookbook! It was so exciting viewing the lookbook for the first time this morning, I love seeing how each girl styled their necklace and how each intention really fit the wearer. I had a hard time at first deciding between "Just Breathe" and "Dream Bigger", in the end I chose the latter because I felt it was positive and really fit the changes my life has been going through this year. While most of the other girls chose stones to accompany their necklaces, I decided to go with minimalism because I wanted all of the focus to be on the texture of the Braille.


Tomorrow, I'll show you the rest of the pictures from the shoot!

What intention would you choose?